1,629 results
All reviews great location within walking distance the thomas wolfe downtown area restaurants and shops an older hotel corner room lobby bar front desk staff indoor pool breakfast buffet bed was comfortable fitness center mini fridge the grove park inn we've stayed conference
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were here as a business group for three nights and I’d stay again as long as being close to downtown Asheville wasn’t a priority. If your goal is to be within walking distance to Asheville’s pubs and shopping, then stay someplace else. This location is about 20 minutes drive from the Asheville airport and has a lovely location, it’s just not convenient. Downtown proper is 20-25 minutes and they do offer shuttle service with notice.
That being said, they provide excellent service, are very professional and the food and drinks are good.
Weird touch with room service: everything is served in disposable plastic containers with plastic cutlery. Thought that was odd.
Beds are comfortable, housekeeping did a good job and it’s quiet and well-soundproofed.
Overall, can recommend for business travel as it’s a full-service hotel with shuttle. Will stay again for work.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here two nights while at the hotel for a conference. The hotel was nice and clean throughout. There are many common areas on the main floor that provide adequate space to mingle. A bar and restaurant are also on the main level. Restaurant is a bit pricey though. There is also a very comfortable outdoor patio area. The fitness center is larger than most hotels and has a nice indoor pool. My room was nice and I had a nice view being on the 12th floor. Beds are very comfortable. All the staff was friendly as well. It’s not close enough to the main city center area to walk to for most people but there are a good number of restaurants and shops within walking distance.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Top notch hotel downtown. Excellent location, fabulous guest service, and overall quality accommodations. Super comfortable rooms and a courteous staff make such a difference when on the road. Talk to the front desk about food recommendations if you're from out of town. They'll definitely point you in the right direction. Would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2018

I stayed here with my father on September 7, 2018 in a handicap accessible room since my father struggles walking/using his legs. We arrived at 3:30 or 3:45, but Harry told us the room was being cleaned; however, it was guaranteed to be ready at 4. At 4:30 I talked to, I believe, Blake who told me the room was still not ready, but should be soon and due to the delay gave us $50 in vouchers. At 5:15 the room was finally ready. After getting my dad into the room he fell asleep and I went to a meeting. I got back to the room at 10 or 11 at night. Although the door unlocked, I could not get into the room leaving me to knock on the door and wake up my father. While up, my father mentioned to me that he noticed, under the toilet seat and before using it, that there appeared to be fecal matter. I noticed what appeared to be fecal matter on one of the nobs for the shower. The toilet also always required two flushes. Looking at the water glasses in the bistro, most of them were dirty as if they overloaded the dishwasher. After this, I turned in the keys to Harry who seemed less than interested in discussing any issues. All this being said, one of the ladies that worked the front desk (I couldn't see her name tag) did drop the room rate by $100 which was nice, but this kind of dirt just shouldn't be something one has to deal with or even question.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank John W
Nicole P, Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear John, Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Asheville with your father. Please know this does not sound like the level of cleanliness or experience that our guests have come to expect so I have shared your feedback with our leadership and housekeeping teams. I welcome you to contact us directly at 828-252-8211 and ask to speak with a Manager on Duty so that we may further discuss your experience. I hope you will consider us again for our team to have another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional experience that all guests deserve.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

When we arrived on the property, we had a very difficult time finding parking. However, once we were inside, I really enjoyed the rooms. They were very clean and well decorated. The clerks were friendly and pointed me in the right direction for a great Karaoke spot. The hotel is perfectly situated near a number of cool hangouts that are within walking distance. On a completely unrelated note, I didn't get to take a dip in the hotel pool, but it seems like its almost olympic sized. I will definitely be back to try out that pool and if you're ever in Asheville, I HIGHLY recommend you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business