“Best cocktails in Asheville!”
Review of Sazerac - Asheville - CLOSED

Sazerac - Asheville
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Went here b/c of stellar reviews and concur this is the place for cocktails in Asheville. I had the popular Thalia and my husband had the old fashioned. Cocktails executed to perfection, spotless bar and excellent staff. The drinks are not cheap but cheap = poor quality and this place is anything but that. This is our go-to cocktail place for now on. See you soon Sazerac!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Visiting friends in Asheville for a long weekend. We had been to several bars and restaurants and I had yet to find a drink that wasn't "too done". Seemed like everywhere we went the drinks were over muddled and way too trendy but then we went to Sazerac and I ordered their Manhattan. FINALLY...one of the best cocktails I've ever had. I've been craving a Sazerac Manhattan ever since!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a small bar but the decor is very tastefully done and recently updated for more comfort. If you go upstairs there is rooftop seating with great views of the street, city and mountains. But it usually fills up first so you sometimes have to happen upon an open seat. One of my favs in town.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

We enjoyed an excellent cocktail hour at Sazerac last fall. Until then, I'd not found in Asheville precision and sophistication at a level similar to home. The decor isn't my style and I cannot speak for the menu, as we had only drinks, but we will definitely be back on our next visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The menu was "underwhelming" and the service was very lacking. We had planned to eat dinner and was so disappointed that we had only a drink and left. The restaurant was almost empty. That says a lot about the place! I have no plans to every return.