“I will not return to Sazerac!”
Review of Sazerac - Asheville - CLOSED

Sazerac - Asheville
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The menu was "underwhelming" and the service was very lacking. We had planned to eat dinner and was so disappointed that we had only a drink and left. The restaurant was almost empty. That says a lot about the place! I have no plans to every return.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Amazing Chocolate Bacon & The Best Deviled Eggs I've ever had!
Two fantastic drinks here
~The Grassy Knoll
~Thalia
I suggest both highly!

1  Thank Shedlight
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We had a private party here on the rooftop bar and everything about it was excellent. The staff was incredible and the service was amazing. They made specialty drinks particularly for the party and my guests were delighted. I can't recommend this restaurant and bar enough.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

We had nearly every special they had and not a single bad tapa. The scallops were gigantic (I wouldn't expect that every time; I think they just had a great catch), the bacon-wrapped pork belly was crisp on the outside, and delicious all over. Korean-style ribs not entirely authentic (would have been spicier), but perfect for the American palate. Lamb sliders were the best lamb I'd tasted - and I've been to Kuwait and Iraq. It was so mild and not over-spiced, but rich.

Now the drinks ... they'll make anything; they have a good selection of scotches, but should expand. Their specialties are what's worth the unique flavors - and for 8 bucks a drink? That's a steal for the quality of the ingredients.

Visit it often ... a business dinner for 3 with about 8 high-end drinks and 6+ tapas/entrees was under $180. And worth every dollar.

Finally, there is rooftop seating available - weather was bad the night we were there, and the view is nothing out-of-this world, but you won't find it at too many places in Asheville.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Not your standard bar food. Chef Alexandria is amazing - we met her this evening. Loved her recommendations: Scottish egg; chocolate covered bacon (yes, and you HAVE TO try it!); chocolate volcano dessert - all to die for, especially the deep fried items which were amazingly greaseless !