“Decisions decisions!”

Ranked #2 of 840 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: An Asheville favorite since 2003, Sunny Point Café serves award-winning upscale comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are available to enjoy with meals. Sunny Point Café is a family-owned and operated West Asheville restaurant featuring a covered, outdoor dining area and an on-site production garden providing fresh produce just steps from the kitchen. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

One of the few reasons to get up early on a Saturday and go out in 25 degree weather and blowing snow- Sunny Point Cafe! The menu is eclectic and the coffee is absolutely the best! I went out on a limb and hit something totally different than I would normally get- the Chicken and Waffle sandwich with a side of Chipotle Cheese grits. This sandwich was voted #1 in Western Carolina and I would have voted for it too! Sweet potato waffles with bacon,housemade pimento cheese and a fried boneless chicken thigh with a tomato jam- insane! And the grits- they must cook these with cream, milk, etc because they are so rich and creamy! My son got the breakfast burrito and my husband got the French toast. Everything was so good and the service was awesome as well. Give them a try, you’ll love it! Asheville at its best!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,347)

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Long wait but excellent food and service. Fresh everything, too much to choose that looks so good. Difficult to decide but delicious. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this place. Food was delicious and creative. You can get the basics here, but be brave and try things because their chef is creative and brilliant! They make a cappuccino with tequila and other ingredients that was surprisingly good. The wait is lengthy but they will text you when your table is ready so you can wait in the car if inclement weather. They have a coffee station outside to enjoy while you wait.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This place was great. We got there before 10 to avoid the rush. At 10:35 they were on a wait. My fiancee and I each had a mimosa. Delish. Then we ordered biscuits and gravy along with the Southern omelette. The portions were huge! We both got the Chipotle grits as a side. Everything was great but the grits gave this rating an excellent. Thanks for getting our trip started on the right foot!!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

If you pull up to this restaurant and take a look, you might be tempted to drive away. That would be a big mistake. The food here is amazing! I had the mushroom tart with spinach, pecan and apple salad. Salad was great, but the tart wast the star. Delicious with a crispy crust. I think I could eat it every night of the week. For dessert I had the sweet potato pecan pie. Very good without being overly sweet. It was served with fresh berries, egg nog ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. The service was good too. This was my first time here, but I will definitely be back.