“GREAT PLACE TO EAT”
Review of Pack's Tavern

Pack's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Pack's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 830 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Marjorie St
Transit: Bus stop 50 yards from building
Description: Pack's Tavern is proud to be housed in the historic Hayes and Hopson building in the middle of Pack Square Park. We are a locally family owned and operated restaurant serving a deliciously eclectic menu. We pride ourselves on top notch customer service and an inviting atmosphere. Pack's Tavern offers something for everyone as a restaurant, bar, tavern, event space, parkside patio, shuffleboard, 13 TV's, and free live music! Pack's Tavern offers outstanding service, the best drinks in town, and a large eclectic menu of over 60 items; everything from signature salads to hand formed burgers, from wonderful appetizers to hot pizza from our wood fired oven in a friendly, hospitable atmosphere. All to be enjoyed in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Asheville's "front yard", Pack Square Park. What else separates Pack's Tavern from other establishments is our unique variety of both local and regional craft beer. Our servers are happy to offer suggestion or try one of our beer "flights!" We rotate 30 or more local, national, and international craft beers to offer the best selection available.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Great food, great service, great atmosphere, great prices, you simply won't go wrong on this eating at this restaurant.

Steve W, Manager at Pack's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you so much, Valerie! We really appreciate the recommendation and your kind words! I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Steve Wright

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We were “day- cationing” at the Biltmore and after another special visit of this phenomenal house we decided we wanted to see downtown Asheville ( it has been several years since last visit). So we looked at a few “recommended restaurants” and decided on Pack’s. We are so glad we did!. The menu has something for everyone and you can tell that Pack’s “ goes the extra mile “ to make each item personal. My wife and I started with the Irish Egg Rolls and had the waiter bring us a side of their phenomenal beer cheese dip; then we split the rib eye which we ended up taking some of it home ( one of the best flavored ribeyes we have had)... she had the house salad and I tried the potato soup ( both were very good)... our waiter was also top notch ! ( Isaac) and the manager ( Andy) heard how we were very interested in the history of the beautifully restored building that Pack’s is in and took us on a private tour of the downstairs and told us about the rich History of the prohibition days and Asheville and the local police station next door.... we highly recommend Pack’s for its food, ambience, servers, history and prices. We will return.

Steve W, Manager at Pack's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking time to share your great experience at Pack's Tavern with us and other TA users! All of our menu items are prepared fresh to order and we take pride in making sure every guest leaves happy. I have shared this review with Isaac and Andy! Thanks so much for the shout-out!

Knoxville isn't that far so I hope you will come see us again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This was our last stop during our quick Asheville weekend. We went there to watch the basketball game... sat at the bar. They had a band come on a little later and I sure do wish I could remember their name as they were a super fun group of guys. The patrons were all extremely friendly and overall this place was a fantastic time. We ordered the pimento dip - now I LOVE cheese so found it delicious, but it is a large cheese dip platter (I give it a thumbs up). We also ordered the mushroom pizza and it was surprisingly delicious as well. There were a few more things on their menu I would have loved to try as well even for "bar" food. And this is in a huge foodie town. Overall recommend it if you're wanting to catch a game or just have a good time with the locals. My missing star is I wasn't overly impressed with our bartender. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he may just have been having an off day. Certainly not the most friendly person, but was on top of our orders.

Steve W, Manager at Pack's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thanks for the four stars and all of the wonderful feedback! I am sorry that the bartender did not impress - we usually have a lot of compliments on our friendly bar staff.

I hope you will come back soon and it will be five stars all the way around!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Packs Tavern is just east of city center in Asheville, but located smack in the middle of some of the city's interesting and historical buildings. It is a spacious Tavern with a good and efficient bar ( a lof local beer, of course), abundant and well done tavern comfort food, and a friendly staff. Their hamburger selection is great!

Thanks for the great review, but mostly for spending some of your time with us! I am glad you found Pack's to be warm and welcoming; our good great and varied and our beer selection worthy of Asheville!

I hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I hate that I have to even leave one star. I live in Florida and was visiting Asheville and made a reservation for Pack's over a month in advance. We were SO excited for our first dinner in Asheville. We arrived and they were closed! WHY would you accept a reservation and then not be open? If it was an emergency at least call the people who had reservations.
We found an amazing place to eat and will certainly not go back to a place that does not care about it's customers.

Steve W, Manager at Pack's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Jillbus,
I am really sorry for the confusion. I would love to know a little more about your reservation. We took great care to block online reservations as soon as we knew last fall that we would be closed those dates. However, if we erred and someone took a reservation, we apologize and would like to somehow make it up to you. As evidenced by our reviews, we care very much about our customers.

Again, I am so sorry for this.