“Nice Way to Spend an Afternoon and Learn about the Brewery Business”

Asheville Brews Cruise
Ranked #8 of 44 Food & Drink in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Asheville Brews Cruise provides both bus and walking tours to 3 of Asheville's most popular breweries. Samples of each brewery's beer are included in ticket price.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We booked the Asheville Brews Cruise and visited the Catawba, Twin Leaf, HiWire and French Broad River breweries. Jake was our guide and was incredibly knowledgeable about the brewery process. We certainly heard a lot about brewing that we have already forgotten, but he has an engaging personality and was an excellent host.

Our booking confirmation said that we would be tasting 15-16 beers at the four breweries, so my wife and I paced ourselves by not completing any of our beers at the first stop, and only one of our beer tastings at the second stop. I'm not sure what happened with the tasting count, but we tasted exactly three beers at each of the four stops. That comes out to 12 beer tastings (3-4 ounces each) instead of 15-16. Had I known that in advance, I would have finished most of the beers at our first two stops.

The tastings certainly opened our eyes to how different crafted beers can be. Some were certainly not our "cup of tea", but we also discovered that some beers that we had purposely avoided in the past, we actually liked! At our last stop at French Broad River Breweries, we even purchased a six-pack of two of their beers - one was my favorite and one was my wife's favorite!

All in all it was a very good way to spend an afternoon in the Asheville area. Give it a try!!

All reviews
"excellent beer"
"fun afternoon"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I just got back from Asheville for my sis-n-law’s bach party and we had a BLAST on this tour. Our tour guide was so much fun and knew everything there is to know about the beer they give you to taste. CHAD was the sweetest, most informative, and helpful tour guide ever!! Recommend him if you can, our group is still talking about how great he was.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We booked a tour of breweries in Asheville with this company. It was so much fun! Trevor our guide and Thomas our driver were great! We had a small group which was even better. We visited three local breweries and got samples at each of different brews. Wear comfortable shoes and delegate a driver or Uber to handle transport after your tour. We had a great time!

1  Thank shellybean31
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My partner did this and gave it a 5 - the guide was informative and entertaining and he enjoyed going behind the scenes at some of the breweries. It moved fast and was a lot of fun.

However, i have to subtract 1 star because they called us 4 hours before the scheduled departure time to tell us he was the only one on the tour, could they reschedule him. The problem is, I had an appointment for a massage and facial during that time, which obviously cannot be rescheduled 4 hours before hand. I understand they were hoping for more sign-ups, but really, we signed up months ago, we couldn't get 1 day's notice? So now he had to find something to do alone while I was at the spa for 2.5 hours, and I had to find something to do alone while he was on the tour.

Jeffery H, Owner at Asheville Brews Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi!

Thanks for the review! I want to make sure people reading this review know that you didn't attend our tour but your husband did and had a great time! We would appreciate his 5 star review! We apologize that he had to reschedule from Thursday to Friday. We generally do not have to reschedule tours but it's clearly stated in our terms that if only one person has signed up then we have to reschedule. We are happy to hear that he had a blast on the Friday tour with a full bus of new drinking buddies! Your husband really knew a lot about beer which made him a pleasure to chat with! We hope you guys spread the word about Brews Cruise up in Connecticut! Cheers!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 October 2017

My friends booked the Asheville Brews Cruise for an fun afternoon during my bachelorette party. We had a blast! Our guides were hilarious and made sure we were always drinking a good beer and having fun. With a lot of girls and different beer preferences, they managed to keep up with us and we had a great time. The 4 hours is a perfect amount of time to enjoy 3 of the breweries that weren't in the middle of downtown, which was a great way to explore more of Asheville. Whether you are going as a bachelorette group or just a couple, I highly recommend booking a tour with them!

2  Thank Amy M