“great except for the last minute reschedule”

Asheville Brews Cruise
Ranked #8 of 46 Food & Drink in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Asheville Brews Cruise provides both bus and walking tours to 3 of Asheville's most popular breweries. Samples of each brewery's beer are included in ticket price.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My partner did this and gave it a 5 - the guide was informative and entertaining and he enjoyed going behind the scenes at some of the breweries. It moved fast and was a lot of fun.

However, i have to subtract 1 star because they called us 4 hours before the scheduled departure time to tell us he was the only one on the tour, could they reschedule him. The problem is, I had an appointment for a massage and facial during that time, which obviously cannot be rescheduled 4 hours before hand. I understand they were hoping for more sign-ups, but really, we signed up months ago, we couldn't get 1 day's notice? So now he had to find something to do alone while I was at the spa for 2.5 hours, and I had to find something to do alone while he was on the tour.

Jeffery H, Owner at Asheville Brews Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi!

Thanks for the review! I want to make sure people reading this review know that you didn't attend our tour but your husband did and had a great time! We would appreciate his 5 star review! We apologize that he had to reschedule from Thursday to Friday. We generally do not have to reschedule tours but it's clearly stated in our terms that if only one person has signed up then we have to reschedule. We are happy to hear that he had a blast on the Friday tour with a full bus of new drinking buddies! Your husband really knew a lot about beer which made him a pleasure to chat with! We hope you guys spread the word about Brews Cruise up in Connecticut! Cheers!

All reviews
"great introduction"
in 4 reviews
"excellent beer"

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My friends booked the Asheville Brews Cruise for an fun afternoon during my bachelorette party. We had a blast! Our guides were hilarious and made sure we were always drinking a good beer and having fun. With a lot of girls and different beer preferences, they managed to keep up with us and we had a great time. The 4 hours is a perfect amount of time to enjoy 3 of the breweries that weren't in the middle of downtown, which was a great way to explore more of Asheville. Whether you are going as a bachelorette group or just a couple, I highly recommend booking a tour with them!

2  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We usually stumble around ourselves, rather than take a guided tour, but there are so many breweries in Asheville I didn’t know where to start. I’m so glad we chose this one, JC knows his stuff, he really has a passion for brewing. We got to taste a lot of different beers, and got some great knowledge. It’s definitely a good introduction to the scene.

1  Thank mookster1338
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Our guide Ryan was welcoming and personable. He made it an adventure for everyone on the cruise. Even more impressive was his in depth knowledge with the details of brewing beers. From an amber to a sour he explained the process and ingredients to brew each style of beer. Our bus driver was awesome. And we had a bus full of fun cruisers.

1  Thank Greg D
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2017

If you love microbrew beer then a tour of the local breweries is a must. Zach & Devan are fun knowledgeable tour guides. We went to 4 different breweries when we visited in April. My favorite one was French Broad Brewery. It had a beautiful bar with excellent beer. Good music played while we talked to the locals & other tour guests. I just wanted to stay there all day. Zack & Devan kept the bus rolling with good conversation and kept the tastings flowing at each brewery we went to. We will come back!

2  Thank imnoreaster