All reviews free shuttle fire pit strip mall jason's deli earth fare green sage yogurt shop outdoor firepit cookies close to downtown slow elevator shuttle driver shuttle service to downtown king suite free breakfast highly recommend this hotel a pet friendly hotel
Reviewed 21 September 2018

We were evacuated due to hurricane Florence. Jeff helped us get a room. He's top notch. The hotel is spotless and the entire staff we interacted with was friendly and helpful. Love this hotel! I always look forward to visiting Asheville and staying at this Country Inn & Suites.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
PatriceM1171, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville Westgate, NC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear Loyal Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind words regarding your recent stay with us during unfortunate weather conditions. We appreciate you mentioning Jeff, who is a mentor to all of us, here at The Country Inn and Suites, Asheville Westgate. It was our pleasure to provide you with clean accommodations and friendly service as this is something our team takes pride in doing on a daily basis. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Take Care,

Reviewed 20 September 2018

only there for a couple of days but it was very nice. clean, comfortable, good location. the staff was very pleasent. i forgot some jewelry in the room - realized it two hours after leaving - i called and they got head of housekeeping go to room which had not yet been cleaned to find it. breakfast was good and plentty of options.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Country Inn and Suites, Asheville Westgate. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us and are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations with comfortable accommodations. It was our pleasure to help find the valuable you left behind in your room. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the Asheville area!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I, along with our two small dogs, evacuated for hurricane Florence from South Carolina. On our way back to the east coast, we chose this hotel to stay at, and we were extremely happy and grateful for the service we received. Not only did they offer us a discounted rate on the room to help with our situation, but they also waived the pet fee completely. In my opinion, this action shows how a business should be run. We are so grateful. Aside from the excellent customer service, this hotel was clean and welcoming, and very dog friendly. It was perfect for us. So, we want to thank them for such wonderful treatment!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PatriceM1171, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville Westgate, NC, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Good afternoon Julia,

Thank you for sharing your genuine feedback regarding your time spent with us during an unfortunate storm. Our team members are dedicated to providing our guests with comfortable accommodations, even during the poorest of weather conditions! Thank you for recognizing our hard work and for writing such a sincere review for The Country Inn and Suites, Asheville Westgate. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Take Care,

Reviewed 16 September 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

***WORST STAY EVER***

It is with great disappointment I am writing this review. We were evacuated from Richlands, NC and went west to Asheville, NC. Up until this experience I have heard nothing but great things from the town of Asheville and this review is strictly for the staff at the Country Inn and Suites Westgate in Asheville and not to the community. We would come back and visit anytime.

We arrived early Wednesday morning 2:00am and loaded up most of our prized possessions into the hotel room. We were just evacuated and exhausted. My wife, son, dog, and I left the hotel room around noon to run some errands. While still in the parking lot I remembered I had some cold water in the fridge so I leave my family in our SUV and I make my way back up to the room. We were out of the room no longer than 5 minutes.

There was no safe in the room so when I left the room, so I put the “Do not disturb” sign on my door handle. As I go back up to my room to grab the cold water out of the refrigerator I see a cleaning cart in front of my room and the door is ajar. I enter my room and ask the employee why she was in the room when I had the placard on my door handle. Bree, the employee explained that her manager (presumably Keir, who we met at the front desk later) told her to “go into the room anyway.” I grabbed some personal belongings from the hotel room and go back down to the parking lot. My wife and I come back in where Bree is still in the room and was making the bed. We both grab some more personal belongings and make our way down to the front desk. As we approach the front desk Keir tells us “we heard there was an issue with your room?” We explained that the issue was there was a person in our room when we put the do not disturb sign on the door. Keir said that our placard was on the floor and that is where the miss understanding came from. We told Keir that Bree told us the “manger” told her to enter the room even though the sign WAS on the door. Keir said something about a loose dog in the room(our dog was in a leash the entire time he was outside our room, and never left in there by himself). Keir then got the General Manager, Patrice.

Patrice explained that there was a miss-understanding, and that they tried to call up to the room. We explained to Patrice that our phone wasn’t working in the room either so no one called us. We told Patrice that we were evacuated from our home, brought our most valuable possessions with us into our hotel room and within 5 minutes of us leaving our room someone was inside of it. Patrice tried to get loud, attempted talk over us, then offered to look at our bill and try to fix it with some free stuff. She also said that during the duration of our stay she would make sure our room isn’t cleaned by her staff. I told Patrice that I wasn’t asking for our room not to be cleaned, I just don’t want it cleaned when I have a sign on my door saying not to clean it. Also, No amount of incidentals( which we didn’t use by the way) comped by the hotel would make up for how violated we felt at our stay here. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Especially during an evacuation where they just hiked up the prices on everyone.

LONG STORY SHORT:
WE PUT UP DO NOT DISTURB SIGN. MANAGERS TOLD EMPLOYEE TO GO INTO OUR ROOM WITHIN 5 MINUTES OF US LEAVING. GENERAL MANAGER ATTEMPTS TO COVER IT UP AS A MISS-UNDERSTANDING THEN TRIES TO MAKE IT RIGHT WITH “FREE STUFF”

STAY AWAY PEOPLE.
THIS PLACE IS SHADY.

Trip type: Travelled with family
JLich01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville Westgate, NC, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay with us. We would like to clarify that our staff would not enter a room that had a privacy sign on. If the privacy sign was on, there is a good chance it fell off at some point inside the room. When a privacy sign falls off on the exterior of the room, we know that it was most likely meant to be on the door and we will not service the room. The room attendant and manager followed protocol, as there was no sign on the door at the time. This was an unfortunate situation that does not happen often, and for this, we apologize. Our staff has an excellent reputation, as is evident by our reviews. Once again, we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced!