“Great happy hour deals - tasty sushi!”
Review of ToYo Steak House

ToYo Steak House
Ranked #14 of 110 Restaurants in Woonsocket
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Love meeting friends here for Happy Hour during the week. The sushi is fresh and a terrific bargain - drinks are generous and service friendly. Haven't had the hibachi but I can recommend the sushi and appetizers without hesitation.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Went here only because it was close and wanted to give it another try. It doesn't smell like tires anymore so that's a plus. We decided hibachi. Because my husband is allergic to shellfish they started us at a new table. We waited for 15-20 minutes before they started cooking because they wanted to sit more people with us. While waiting, two people were seated at a new table and a waitress made a big fuss in front of the patrons on how the hosts were not smart and didn't know what they were doing. She took charge and moved them to our table. My opinion, that could have been handled very quietly without anyone knowing and anyone being insulted. Once we had 6 people they got us a cook. The cook was ok...a little interactive and cooked most the food good. My scallops were undercooked so I didn't get to enjoy them. My husband's food was cooked in the back because of his food allergy. I felt bad because we went for the experience and when we go else where they cook all the food without the shellfish first and then the shellfish last (and they even said they were going to do this but decided last minute not to). Because his was cooked in the back they had his meal done first (2 minutes after our cooked arrived) and he let it sit until we started being served...hence his food got cold. During our meal a waiter dropped something wet on the floor and never cleaned it up. In fact many waiters and waitresses walked by it and not one stopped to clean it. Just little things that happened one after another that didn't make this the best experience. Not my first choice for hibachi.

Reviewed 29 January 2016

Went here for a family night out with visiting relatives. I think the fried rice, made before our eyes, was the best I've ever had! Great food, prepared while you watch!

Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Who would have thought? Came here with my family (2 of them have come here before) 4 of us had sushi and one had hibachi. Overall I thought the food was quite good. My sister and I ordered 2 of the same rolls but prepared/presented slightly differently with 2 different sushi chefs. The service was good although it took awhile to get our food which I feel was more due to the hibachi meal. The menu was easy to navigate ( I have been to sushi bars whose menus confused me).The restaurant is very clean and well designed. I will return.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

I was looking for a fun experience for 6 kids ranging in age from 4 to 12 and this completely fit the bill! If you've ever taken kids out to dinner you know how boring it can be for them once their food is gone. The chefs here keep the kids entertained with their skill and showmanship. Even though the little ones were tired after a long day there was no whining or sulking. The adults were able to enjoy a good dinner.

Another great feature here is that they offer chicken nuggets and fries for the kids; let's face it, all kids are not ready for hibachi even if they enjoy the show.

The restaurant also offers sushi and other entrees. The sushi being served looked fresh and delicious.

One very minor complaint was that we had to ask 3 times to get refills in drinks.

Mondays and Tuesdays are half price so for 9 people the bill was just under $100!! Can't beat that for a full service restaurant.