Island Acres Resort Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Gunnison
See available hotels
Rodeway Inn(Gunnison)
The Alpine Inn(Gunnison)
Water Wheel Inn(Gunnison)
A-B-C Motel(Gunnison)
Econo Lodge(Gunnison)
Comfort Inn(Gunnison)
View Hotel
All reviewsfully stocked kitchenthe ownertether ballcomfortable bedsan extended stayplace to stayfire pitpamkitchenetteretrounitporchmoteldogstownfishingformica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Island Retreat is a wonderful place to decompress. From the moment we checked in we could feel the stress of the city melting away. The cabin was not fancy, but it was super clean and comfortable. The location of this property is nice, close to the river and town. If i had a complaint, it would be the internet connection. I highly recommend Island Retreat.

Stayed: August 2017
Pam W, Owner at Island Acres Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you. I am pleased that you found Island Acres relaxing. Yes, we are not fancy, but we strive to be friendly and fun!

I also wish more that could be done to improve the wifi, as it is a challenge for many reasons. Access is certainly not what people can get in a metropolitan area. Our countywide internet problem is supposed to be improved by next year. That may help.

For the benefit of others reading this: some units have better wifi than others. We continue to upgrade equipment and try various carriers. The ability to receive a good signal is also dependent on the guest’s devices. Laptops seem to perform better than tablets. Lots of vehicles in the parking lot and lots of people on the network does limit the signal and slows things down. Island Acres has 17 units spread out on a property that is almost the size of two city blocks. Getting an excellent wifi signal to every spot is impossible. We do offer a seating area right outside the office (directly in front of our new state-of-the-art, massive Nighthawk router) and two chairs inside to allow the user the best signal.

Thank you for your recommendations! Referrals and repeat guests are an important part of Island Acres' business. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I chose this place because of the good reviews; I think the gushing is uncalled for. The room was cute, almost kitschy. The service was very friendly.

Now for the buts. Service was friendly but she was unable to provide workable wifi, even though she mentioned that they had an extra repeater. Despite describing how she had it, she did not provide it to us, suggesting rather that I could sit by the office.

When I had to use the internet to take care of some urgent business matters, I ended up walking the few hundred feet to the office and there the service was fine. The wifi worked, but so did the mosquitoes. They were ubiquitous.

The room was okay but the housekeeping was apparently nonexistent.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank Marco P
Pam W, Manager at Island Acres Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Island Acres. I am pleased to hear that you found our service friendly.

Since your party made only the one comment and decline the offer to move to a different unit, I didn’t realize how important this was to you. I apologize. I would have let you know that I did attempt to get the repeater to work. However, we upgraded the system since last year. I was unable to get it to work with the new Nighthawks. We do also offer seating inside the office.

Island Acres is almost the size of two city blocks. Getting an excellent wifi signal to every spot is impossible. Some of the issues are out of our control. In most units, a laptop can have no problems while it seems that some tablets cannot receive through external walls. Countywide internet access is poor and not what it is in major cities.

We spend the equivalent of two hours on each check-out before the next guest arrives. Island Acres offers daily housekeeping services. Every day, the trash is removed, towels are replaced if on the floor, amenities are restocked, beds were straightened, floors are washed and the carpet vacuumed. The outside porch is swept and outdoor tables are wiped. On the third day of a stay, the beds are remade and all used towels replaced.

The unit was clean and ready to go upon your arrival. It was on the daily ‘to-do’ list every day during your stay. One of the days during your stay we were shorthanded. I was part of the team who provided service that day. However, if you feel we need to add something to our daily routine—or something that was missed—please let me know.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We based our four day trip photographing wildflowers at Island Acres Resort! A home away from home where we could cook, eat, and run! A place where old memories surface with the old memorabilia that is there! Formica kitchen tables! Wild!
I must mention Pam takes great care of people! You aren't customers, you are friends!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Pam W, Owner at Island Acres Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Always a joy to have you two! And your photographs of the area are always absolutely amazing!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My family of 6 stayed here for a family camping and fishing trip. We enjoyed every bit of it! Everyone was so helpful and hospitable. My kids had a great time! We will definitely be back in the future! Thank you for an amazing experience!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your sharing your experience at Island Acres. Looking forward to having you back!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

My husband and I stayed in a little cabin with a kitchen for about 10 days, and our experience was beyond anything we expected. Spotless cabin, wonderful staff and owners, 5-star linens and laundry, everything we needed for our stay. We walked into nature right outside our door, barbequed and relaxed on the porch or in the yard, walked down the road to the river, and RELAXED! We could have stayed here forever! The vintage '50s décor was fun and went perfectly with the rustic, happy feeling of the whole experience. I would recommend Island Acres to everyone.

Room Tip: The cabin in the back that we stayed in (#18) was private and secluded.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing of your experience at Island Acres. We are so pleased that our property worked out well for your needs. It was a delight to have you and your husband here for those 10 days. Fun people are so enjoyable! And thank you for your continued referrals to Island Acres.