“Great Ice Cream and Agua Fresca”
Review of La Michoacana

La Michoacana
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Homestead
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 July 2017

My rating is based strictly on the ice cream and agua fresca. I had the cookies and cream and my wife had the strawberry and you can tell they were freshly made and with love. I love that they give you just enough for the price and you don't feel like you over did it. The agua de pina was absolutely delicious. My nieces loved their ice cream as well. One got coco and the other vanilla and they were raving about how creamy and fresh they tasted. We have already returned several times. I recommend highly.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Great Ice Cream. Lots of exotic flavors. Cash only. Lots of choices for kids and adults. Great stop in Homestead.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Stopped here for ice cream. We each got a medium, with three flavors in it. I speak a little Spanish, but didn't need to; the staff working that day spoke English. (Flavors are all posted in Spanish, but I googled for the ones I didn't recognize.) They have some amazing unusual flavors, including a kiwi fruit sorbet. Bring cash, the store doesn't take credit cards, but the ice cream is very inexpensive -- I think we paid $3 each for generous servings.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We stumbled upon this place late on a Saturday evening. Everyone speaks Spanish here and we had no clue how to communicate, but the staff was very friendly. We pointed and smiled and got a mango (or something that tasted like mango) ice cream cone. Fun place for a treat.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Many interesting flavors of ice cream to choose from - and the nacho chips are pretty good too. But if you want an awesome milkshake for under 3 bucks, this is your place!