“2 Nights in March”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Beaumont West
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed 24 March 2015

Average Hotel needs Cleaning and better Housekeeping.
Location fair right off I-10

I read review that some rooms had been updated and new bedding Room 202 was not.
I think it is Luck of the draw on what type of room you get.
I stayed two nights in room 202.

1st The rate with AAA was Fair for the King Deluxe suites.
2nd Check in was simple and desk clerk friendly
3rd As soon as the elevator door open on the 2nd floor the smell of Pet urine was
overpowering, I have pets and I would not let my house smell that way.

The Carpet in the hallway is dirty. ( Hotel that allows pets need to power clean
weekly or have tile floors)
4th The door on 202 does not close well, gap between the door and frame
5th The Bar sink was dirty, had food stuck in drain from previous guest and the
Microwave interior was simply nasty has not been cleaned in some while.
Left a note for Housekeeping regarding the sink and Microwave and let the
Microwave open and no response or cleaning. Oh, Frig Did not work.
6th Minor no Kleenex in Bathroom ??????
7th Breakfast and service was great
8th Check out easy..

I travel a lot and will be doing more in Beaumont now that I have employees in the city.I like the travel rewards that your company offers, and say as often as I can when they are nice.

Dollar for Dollar the price is average for the surrounding area, but I will shop and try other Hotels that may have better housekeeping and halls that do not smell of Pet Urine.

Room Tip: If you can get the Deluxe King there is a lot of space, separate Living area and very large Bedroom.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 March 2015

Not a good one at this with this visit. The plumbing was bad, the room was not maintained very well and the halls leading to room were not maintained very well. The room was thick with fresh paint fumes. At this time, I could not recommend this location with good ratings. I will have to see if these situations improve. I appreciate the fact that they are trying to make this location look better with upgrades, however, do not put people in rooms that have not been fully inspected and passed!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

Check in went smooth. I was talking to someone when I got to my room so when I walked in she heard me say "oh my goodness it smells like pee". I was tired from my flight and drive over so I grabbed dinner, hit the 24 hour world's gym and came back. I tried the room again to see if I still smelled it and I did but when I got back to the front desk they were sold out. So I got air freshner some fresh linen because I didn't know where the smell came from and I changed everything out. The next night I called for over an hour and no one answered so when I got off work and went to the hotel they were sold out again! When I complained again my last morning they said they would surely fix it and my last night I was down the hall in a double bed that looked and smelled clean. I think they need to do better cleaning after pets stay because I've traveled in the US and abroad, but I've never stayed in a room that smelled like pee.

If they change the old comforters to the nice white ones in the photos, clean the rooms throughly, and make sure the rooms look cleaned upon arrival, it would be a nice place. Breakfast was good, location is good, and the staff was friendly just couldn't resolve my issue in a timely manner. I never did speak to the manager like I had been promised.

• Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 4 March 2015

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this location. The staff was courteous and pleasant. I used to visit the LA Quinta Inns quite often. I do believe that I will stay here the next time I'm in town.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2015

won't regret your choice...they have a pool and well kept gym, friendly helpful staff, good parking. it was easy to make a reservation. hotel is close to good restaurants. hotel is being updated so very nice.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business