All reviews cold water bug spray wild ponies national seashore assateague island ocean side state park ocean city porta potties sand dunes bucket list natural beauty keep in mind bring extra spent two nights late june once a year
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We travel here at least once a year. It is a 15 hour drive for us. This place is that special.

We have camped here several times. The mosquitos can make it quite miserable however waking up to wild ponies on your site is something so amazing that it is hard to put into words.

We spend a lot of time on the OSV (off road part). We pack our vehicle up and go out for sunrise and stay well after sunset. The beach here is absolutely beautiful. It is so peaceful here and honestly a unique experience that will stay with you for a long time.

Amazing experience for anyone who enjoys photography. The history on the island is very special. This is one of very few places like this left.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank MissyStr
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I love going to Assateague Island every year to see the beautiful wild horses roam free, camp by the ocean, jump the waves and watch the beautiful birds. It is AMAZING!!! It is also great for taking photos!!!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2017

We had a very nice time camping at Assateague National Seashore. We did not swim in the water, ad it was a bit cold, but we enjoyed everything else about our stay. The campground is well sheltered behind the sand dunes. Facilities are clean and adequate. The location is absolutely gorgeous! A few times we had wild ponies roam through our campground, but they were calm, not dangerous.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I can not possibly review nature&God's creation but I had to compliment the ppl that run the welcome center:especially one ranger,who educated us on sea creatures,and on the Assateague wild ponies,which as animal lovers,we were thrilled to see.Assateaque is truly a national treasure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My family, friends and I went camping to Assateague Island. We opted to camp in the beach and what an amazing experience! If you are a nature/ animal lover, this is the place to be! Now, I'm not much of a camper, but figured, if I'm going here, I'm living the full experience. I'm not saying it's easy, the bathrooms are gross and only cold showers, infested with mosquitos. But, the pristine beach and beatiful horses make up for it. Not only did we see horses, but also deer, different species of birds and even dolphins swimming! This place has a way of making you forget about your "real life" for a while and really take in all its natural beauty. Definitely one to check off the bucket list!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends