“Christmas gathering ”

Ranked #26 of 150 Restaurants in McLean
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: CafeOggi, THE Italian restaurant in McLean, has infused since 1991, an authentic culture full of vibrant flavors and colorful sophistication into McLean by formulating ingenious variations of house concocted recipes
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely time!!! The restaurant was beautifully decorated, the food was delicious. I had the lobster and fell in love!!! All my friends loved their dishes too. We ordered some apple martinis which were specially decorated for Christmas!!!! The dessert, the tiramisu was the best I ever ate. The service was great, our waiter made sure we were having a good time and made great recommendations depending on what each person wanted. Would definitely go again. Highly recommend it!!!!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I visited for lunch with a friend. Since he was paying I decided not to order an appetizer. Good move! The entrée was both delicious and quite sufficiently filling. The pasta Bolognese (which I do not see on the Trip Advisor link to the menu) was amazing. Pork and sausage in a beautifully spiced tomato sauce. I could not tell how much my friend enjoyed his meal, but we both really liked the Tasca d' Almerita Nero d' Avola.

Service was good, but due to a large party in the main dining room, we had to walk out the front door and around to the side of a building. Odd! It was quite cold, I'm glad it was not raining. That said --- I'll be back.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We go to Cafe Oggi when we want really good Italian food in a pleasant, classy atmosphere. Menu is good and they are flexible, for example making a vegetarian dish for my wife. Good wine selection. Not inexpensive, but really worth it for a special occasion. The last evening we went it was very quite since we dined early evening. Nice white starched tablecloth and napkins give it a special feel.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Was optimistic going in, but just OK. Food is good but somewhat overpriced when compared with other Italian restaurants in McLean. Service was not really friendly.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Cafe Oggi continues to impress. Diners are greeted warmly by an experienced staff or the delightful owner. Wine list is strong, the daily specials tantalizing. Tiramisu and limoncello are excellent; profiteroles are amazing. The restaurant remains a McLean favorite. Closed on Mondays.