“Comfortable and Clean”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in McLean
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed here for 6 nights for a business trip to D.C, located about 20 mins drive or there is a Metro station 10 mins walk away. The room are large and comfortable each room is equipped with a kitchen should you need it. There are plenty if places to eat nearby, we found Gilberts about a 5 minute walk away to be the best. Do not go to the Italian across the road it is poor quality food. A small buffet breakfast is served at the hotel each morning, this was fine. Hotel has free Wi-Fi. Staff were helpful, will be staying here again for my next trip to D.C

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank EODUK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Stayed here in July while visiting my corporate office in McLean and I thought the hotel very nice. The rooms were nice sized with bed, sofa and full kitchen, even though I only kept a couple of cans of coke cold in the fridge it was still nice to have if needed. The free morning breakfast was always good with good hot choices and they had nightly happy hour with beer, wine and food, enough to call it a full dinner if you're good with some burgers, hot dogs, salad, chips, etc. Pool outside and a gym with some a good amount of equipment, I didn't use either but I did take a look and it both looked decent. Several restaurants and shopping area within walking distance so you can keep busy at night. Beware of the "Pub" in the strip mall just next to the hotel, me and 4 co-workers went there for a couple of hours on our first night and ended up with a $450 bar tab, doing shots every few minutes didn't help but we just weren't expecting the final bill (but we did have a very good time).

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor and I had no problems with noise. One of my co-workers had a room just...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank GdayNY
Southfield,MIchigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Can't wait to come back.
saved so much money on breakfast and dinner
staff was excellent

• Stayed September 2011
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

We needed to find a hotel for the Saturday night of Labor Day weekend in the Washington, DC area because of a family gathering scheduled there. Almost everybody else chose to take the suggestion of the sponsoring family and stay in Bethesda, Maryland at a hotel there. We were dismayed to find that most Bethesda hotels add on an extra charge for parking your car. As I did my search, I discovered that there was a Staybridge Suites in Mclean,VA. It wasn't around the corner from Bethesda, but it looked like Bethesda would be accessible because the hotel was close to the Beltway (495). We had stayed in a Staybridge in Las Vegas in 2009 and had been impressed by its quality and value.
We were not disappointed by our decision to stay in McLean. Our suite was spacious and comfortable. Our room was clean and quiet. The pull out couch was adequate for our teenage boys to sleep on. We appreciated having 2 TVs, one in the bedroom and the other in the living room. For some reason, we were put in a handicapped room, which did not inconvenience us, but it probably had a slightly different layout than a non-handicapped room would have had. Thus, I am unsure if regular rooms have a fully functioning kitchen. Ours had a refrigerator, micro wave and 2 burners. If we had been planning to stay for a longer time, that might have been a slight problem for me, because I probably would have wanted to cook dinner. For a weekend stay, however, it wasn't a problem.
Breakfast the next morning was what I have come to expect of hotels at this level. It featured a variety of items that were not distinguished or outstanding in any way. However, I do not mean that as a criticism. In general, I am impressed by the Staybridge chain. They seem to have figured out a way to provide a very comfortable experience for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cerl
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here to drop my daughter off at school. We were able to bring our dog as well which was a real plus. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the location was great. You could walk to great restaurants, grocery store and fantastic coffee shop across the street. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was perfect for us. We plan to stay here many times when visiting our daughter.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McLean
3.2 km away
4.2 km away
Tysons Corner Marriott
Tysons Corner Marriott
#7 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!