“Yum.”

Portside Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 17 Restaurants in Bayfield
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Portside is located at Port Superior Marina, just two miles south of Bayfield on Highway 13. We're open seasonally - May thru October, when the boats are in the water. We offer casual waterside dining with both indoor and outdoor seating. Our All-American menu features burgers and sandwiches, pasta and salads, fresh fish, seafood and steaks, as well as a special menu just for kids. Join us for our Friday night Fish Fry, and Saturday night Prime Rib special! You'll love our wine list and specialty cocktails, too. Come and enjoy our beautiful marina views Tuesday thru Sunday! We open at 4pm for Happy Hour, and Dinner is served 5-9pm. Catch the Big Top Shuttle right outside our door! Portside's bar is open til 10 pm on Fridays and Midnight on Saturdays. Breakfast is served Saturdays & Sundays, 7 - 11am. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 10 August 2016

We had the fish soup and BBQ Japanese chicken which were both very good. Hamburger was OK. Service was great. Thanks for the fun view of the harbor and people watching as boats arrived and departed.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I had the whitefish sandwich special, it was very fresh fish, and garnished with a tasty slaw. My wife had the Japanese BBQ chicken sandwich and she loved it. We'll be back for sure.

Management response:Responded 29 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your dinner recently, and we look forward to serving you again very soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2016

I have been workin here at this beautiful restaurant since June 2015. The view is absolutely gorgeous I always say its the best view in bayfield. Sad as it is I will no longer be working here. I'm sure going to miss all my coworkers. You are all the best and wish you all the best. I'm so glad I got to work and get to know all of you. I have never worked at a place where I felt so welcomed by all and got along with all. We have a new menu this year and I tried to get around to trying everything. When I came back this year my managers wife said at their old restaurant the people loved the taste of the food so much some people would lick the plates clean. I didn't believe her. Our first week open I got to witness it. I actually seen a lady lick her plate clean. The food I have tried had great flavor. I won't forget to stop in and have the chef gonzo make me my favorite, which is the chicken marsala. As you all well know we eat with our eyes so the presentation and flavor will have you coming back to try more. I would also like to say with all do respect that yes this restaurant hasn't had such a great last few years. We have been trying to come up with great new things to get a great name for this beautiful restaurant. Everything takes time when starting over. Nothing is perfect starting off or for that matter ever. We really do try to make everyone's experience here great. Just like any restaurant we make mistakes. That's why I have rated this restaurant with the best view in bayfield, the greatest coworkers, some the best food Iv ever had a 4 star cause as much as I love this place, no ones perfect, we can't please everyone no matter how hard we try. So with all that being said I am going to miss all of you very much and look forward to seeing you all soon.

5  Thank _heidilj89
Management response:Responded 29 July 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words! We love having such a wonderful variety of people on our staff and look forward to your future visits. All the best to you!

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Honeymooned an the Apostle Islands 25 years ago. Went here for dinner for the first five years and revisited this year. We had a window seat for a great view of the marina. I got the burger and onion rings. The rings were great. Almost too many which is a good thing. The burger was overdone and a bit dry. My bride had the fish soup and fish tacos. Both were very good. The fish taco could have used a bit more dressing. A good casual restaurant near Bayfield.

Management response:Responded 29 July 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us! We'll definitely make note of the burger preparation so it doesn't happen again. We're very glad you enjoyed the rings, tacos and soup -- they're very popular items on our menu. Hope you'll be visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

We ate here one evening as it was walking distance from the condo we were renting. Did not look like much from the outside, but wow, great food, and service.

The fish stew (more like a soup) was really yummy and we had the Chicken Marsala and the Italian Sausage pasta. Both were excellent. Its a bit on the pricer side for Bayfield WI, but well worth it.

3  Thank avklevens
Management response:Responded 29 July 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words... We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here at Portside and hope you'll be back again soon to try some of the new dishes we're creating!