Pier Plaza Restaurant & Pickled Herring Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

In Bayfield for three days. Tried Pier Plaza at dinner but wait was long and far too busy. Went again the next day at lunch and late (about 1:45) after Apostle Islands Grand Tour high ended at nearby pier (heh - that's why they call this place Pier Plaza). Got in immediately and had a lovely outdoor patio table.

Shared onions rings and whitefish sandwich with my wife. Onion rings are heavenly with cold sweet ketchup. Sandwich very good as well. Service was effective and timely. Waitress was friendly and helpful. Outdoor view of bay is soothing. My wife was mildly disappointed that the restaurant was out of whitefish livers which she wanted to try. Fortunately for me or I would not have kissed her the balance of the day. Heehee.

Summed up - Pier Plaza has a good, varied menu at reasonable prices for Bayfield. Something for all. Our service was good but it was very slow we we dined. As is often the case, if you cannot get a table during peak times, try an off time. Sit outside and soak up the beautiful Wisconsin weather in August and enjoy a great meal. Bon Apetit.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

Ordered the herring as an appetizer and it came after the meal was well under way. It looked as if they just dumped the jar on to the plate. I think they don't know what appetizer means. Husbands steak was not well done as he asked and the second one came out the same as the first. Of course it came when the rest of us were done with our meal. Then they only wanted to take half off the steak dinner as he had tried to eat a little of it. My dinner of pasta was very good. Mixed results with other in our party.

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

My family and I showed up for a late lunch. The service was top notch! The food was good. We tried the pickled herring too!!!! Be brave...it was good!

Reviewed 11 August 2015

We sat outside on the deck with a nice view of Lake Superior. The white fish was excellent. Nice décor inside also.

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Dont be fooled by the location.40 minutes to fet so-so fish and chips. Waitress spilled our drinks. Didn't refill the ones she didnt spill. Skip it and find another place in town