All reviews room was clean types of cereal biscuits the hotel staff soap gravy
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Made reservations for two rooms adjoining. When we got to hotel was told only one room was ready and the other room was in the second building,so we took one room and had a rollaway bed brought in. When arriving in the room the stench of bleach almost made me pass out as I have COPD. Front desk stated that’s how they clean. She could care less about my health issues.
Terrible visit

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Carol G, General Manager at Econo Lodge Greeneville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Mr Roberts---Your reservation was not for adjoining rooms.I do apologize for any confusion.We do clean with bleach and water.
In the past if we know ahead of time we will not clean a room with any scented products. I do apologize for your inconvenience.
Kindest Regards---Carol GM

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I'm not sure why these people are giving this place such bad reviews. Our room was clean and roomy. The hotel staff was amazing. The breakfast was great and the pool is awesome! Our room was clean and I didn't feel like the hotel was that outdated to be on here complaining about it. It's a $70 hotel room... It's not the Ritz. I was totally pleased for a budget with a family on a road trip, couldn't ask for more. Our only problem is they were out of ice, so we spent $5 on bags of ice at The Filling Station next door... Which is not a nice place... LOL!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I was traveling alone, from N.Y to Tennessee, to visit my daughter who was having a medical procedure in the hospital that is behind this hotel. I arrived around midnight and was given a room on the side of the hotel facing the parking lot. It was a little dark in the parking lot and it felt very desolate. The side door into the hotel was not locked. I did not need my room key to open the door. This was very discerning for me as I'm a middle aged woman and I was traveling alone. The desk clerk already informed me that she was the only employee working that night, so I was literally all alone, on the side of the hotel. It was very scary!! The next night, I noticed numerous trucks parked in the parking lot, and many truck drivers hanging out, smoking and walking back and forth between the unlocked side door and the pool. Again, very discerning, and very scary!!
The room was not the cleanest, beds were not very comfortable and there were not enough outlets in the room for all the items in the room that required electricity. I unplugged something so I could plug the refrigerator in to keep my water cold.
The only good comment I can make about this hotel is, the staff are very friendly and really do try to make you as comfortable as possible. Also, the breakfast was good. It's continental, but waffles were very good as were other baked goods. They also had hard boiled eggs. Coffee was weak.
I absolutely would not stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We were told over the phone that this is a pet-friendly motel. It's not. What they don't tell you over the phone is that your pet is only allowed in your room, in the smelly hallway leading to your room, and the grassy area behind the pool that was so overgrown I was nervous my dog was going to have his first run-in with a snake. (They give you the "pet rule list" when you check in.)
The room: I have slept on less-damp sheets, comforter and mattress while camping. I kept having the strangest feeling that my room had flooded and they had never gotten it dried out. There is an odd metal bunker under the bed reminiscent of when cheap hotels had vibrating beds. Mine was wonky on one edge and I would fall on to the bed whenever I stepped up to the bed. The bathroom is so small that I couldn't will myself to close the bathroom door since it was already claustrophobic even with the door open. The toilet is so close to the shower that you can turn on the shower while sitting on the toilet. I had to lay across the toilet to wash my hair in the tub. The tub needed to be replaced or reglazed. Instead they glued a rubber mat into the bottom. The tile floors in sink area and bathroom had an odd greasy feel; the carpet felt powdery or dusty.
The rest of the hotel: The grounds, hallways, walkways, and stairs are falling apart. They are trip hazards everywhere and I almost lost one of my dogs in a sinkhole next to a sidewalk. (Pics included) Oddly enough there is new granite everywhere and the pool area looked to be in good shape... but you would need to scout out the area and make sure your children are aware of the dangers getting to the pool. Some time ago a glass enclosure was added to the exterior of the outside rooms and it acts like a sauna for those exterior rooms. Walk through there fast so you don't get heatstroke.
The staff: Very friendly and they all smoke. Out in front of your room, in the common areas, pretty much everywhere, all the time. I guess if I worked there I'd smoke too knowing that my workplace was falling apart and management was putting money into granite countertops instead of fixing the OSHA-related serious hazards all around the place. (All the extra granite is piled up next to the parking lot.)
Wifi: Got code, didn't work.
Roundup: For the price I'm pretty sure you can find a safer and drier alternative.

Room Tip: A room on exterior is quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I booked two conference rooms, two months ago, paid the deposit in full, and received a phone call from a RUDE manager telling me that "I just booked 50 rooms on that same day, and they need to use the conference rooms that day, you'll just have to have your event on another day"! I have had this event scheduled for two months, which took ALOT of planning, and the event is still 4 months out, now I am having to locate another venue for the event, which in a small town, is VERY difficult! It's more than an inconvenience, it's a disaster!! I will NEVER use this facility for other events (which I had planned on, before this mess) again, and I hope NO ONE who is looking for somewhere to hold their events EVER has to go through this! DO NOT USE THIS LOCATION!!! if they'll do this to me, they'll do this to anyone!!! it's nasty, the manager is RUDE, and this is NOT where you want your guests!! BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business