“Great place, great food”

Sotto Mare Oysteria & Seafood
Ranked #15 of 5,695 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
North Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great place, great food”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very pleased with the meal here,shared the Cioppino, still had enough left for another person. Owner Gigi made us feel at home, as did all the staff. Well worth it when you're in San Fran. Small place, but we went early and had no problem. Thanks Gigi and crew!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very real and down-to-earth service and pretty excellent food”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I really liked this restaurant and would definitely come back!!! I came with a friend and I was a little late (around 30min) because of trying to navigate the bus system. The hostess wouldn't seat my friend until I arrived, but she gave my friend a glass of wine while she waited, which I think was very kind of her, and the hostess only gave me a little grief when I finally arrived (hilarious actually). We had oysters on the half-shell for an appetizer, and I had the linguini with seafood with white sauce. It was really delicious and well-worth the hour and more that it took me to get to the restaurant!

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,410 helpful votes
“Great meal in nice cozy setting...”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Definitely I can see why this place has great reviews. We ate lunch here yesterday and had a great meal. Great soup and also the Crab legs were great. My mother in law had Lobster and raved about it and my sister in law had a Shrimp dish she said was great.

All our dishes were great. It was very busy so I recommend reservations. Our server was very friendly. I'd definitely recommend it and come back again.

1 Thank saintba
London
“Best restaurant experience, if there was a catagory past excellent I would tick it.”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I hope it says it all when in my five day trip to attend a convention in SF I was reccomended this restaurant and I came here three times. Farallon is good and I suppose you pay for it, but here you get the most beautiful fresh fish and shellfish at great prices. I was here on my own and sat at the bar but its the best place to be because you can watch it all going on. They have a habit of introducing you to people next to you, and met a new friend! Staff are what makes the whole thing work so well, I urge you to put this on your list of eating places if you are in SF but get there early.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank LondonNifty
San Marcos, Texas
“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

To sum it all up the food was pretty good, owner was very nice, Service was not good and the price was ok.