All reviews decent breakfast worked fine the ritz the financial district ceiling fan yogurt neighborhoods
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I used to stay at this location 4 years ago, if you like Chinesefood this is the best location

Crist was very warm and friendly to all guest, He greetings to all guest who come in and out, too bad during my check out he in off day, can't thanks him for beeing so nice with me. When he didn't get confirmation from agoda about my booking. He assist me and give me confirmation so i can check in

The room was a little outdated but the bed is very comfortable. breakfastis free but i was late for it.
overall are fine but compare to the price whise I prefer Diva hotel still better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The location is great, decent breakfast buffé, clean rooms, friendly staff. 4/5 for the cheap price and great location!

Considering how cheap it was we expected less and was pleasantly surprised over the cleanliness and friendly staff! Perfect for low budget living in SF!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Konrad Ö
Reviewed 11 December 2017

This hotel more than did its job for a city stay in SF. The photos of the rooms are exactly what you actaully get, which is a relief, the room is small, but I felt relaxed and comfy because it was really clean and the sheets and towels were nice. The lady at reception was really nice in giving us directions and telling us where to eat nearby and what to avoid. Overall comfortable and clean, totally worth the rate per night.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sarafoster79
Reviewed 16 November 2017

As management says in many of its responses to reviews, this is a basic hotel with no bells and whistles. That's what you get. I think many of the reviews here are judging this place against hotels that are much more expensive. Maybe they don't know what the market is like for rooms in SF during the week. I booked a room for $149 a night, when there was obviously a convention in town bumping up prices. For perspective, the two Holiday Inns nearby, in dumpier neighborhoods, were asking $500 a night; the Courtyards by Marriott in Oakland and SOMA were almost $600 and the few remaining rooms at more luxury properties were $800 to $1,000 and up. This hotel is between the Financial District and Union Square, and on the edge of Chinatown. It is generally safe and clean to walk around after dark, in contrast to many other areas of town that have much more expensive hotels like SOMA and the Market Street Corridor. The presence of homeless is less and you can walk to Union Square or deep into Chinatown for local authentic restaurants and shops.

Now, the room. It's basic, but it was cleaner than my last room at Galleria Park, Marriott, or Parc55. The carpet was clean and new, the paint was fresh, the bed was just fine, and the bathroom was old fashioned but in good shape. I had a small desk that would be too small for doing serious work, but was fine for my after-work computer needs. The chair for the desk was plastic and I was cautious with it because I'm a big guy. I didn't even open the closet until I was ready to leave. It was comical because it was huge. You could put another bed in there!

It's true, there's no air conditioner and the windows don't open very far. In the summer that could be an issue. Where we are now, in the Fall, I put the ceiling fan on low and was comfortable, and I run hot normally. Did it have a TV, and was it too small, and did it work? Who cares? I wasn't born in 1864. If I want to watch something I can stream on my computer. There was a small new TV on the wall but I didn't try to turn it on. Everything in the bathroom worked fine and was clean. It's true the shower temperature went up and down a bit but this isn't a spa, it's just a place to rest your head, clean up, and then get outside for whatever you came for. I will say that the elevator got stuck and when I came back from dinner 2 hours later, there was still someone trapped in there. If I was that guy, I would be a little upset. For me, I took the stairs and climbing 7 flights hopefully burned off some of the excellent wonton soup I had for dinner.

They offer a breakfast, and it's true they police the little room like TSA looking for shoe bombs. They don't want you grabbing a handful of food items and fleeing to your room, or God forbid, to feed some imaginary freeloaders, I suppose. They have breads and bagels for toasting, cereals, strong coffee, juice, tea, various noodles, snacks and some fresh fruit. Is it the Ritz? NOPE! But nothing wrong with getting a piece of fruit or bagel in your system with some coffee, compliments of the house, before setting out on an adventure.

Now, maybe I got a good room and there are some crumby rooms. I don't know; but here's my response to some of the comments I have read about this place: "The place smells bad." No, it's old and it smells like an old building. Have you been in an old house with wood floors and plaster walls that hasn't been totally remodeled by an insecure Millennial? Then you know what the hotel smells like. "It is too noisy." It's exactly as noisy as the Galleria Park that is 2 blocks over and charges 200 to 500 more a night. This is a city and you are going to hear street noise with the windows open.

In conclusion, my experience was that this is was a solid place to have a roof over my head in a clean room. I like my comforts, but I will keep this as an alternative when rates get too high in the city.

Room Tip: Get a room with an outside window unless you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank VegasJeff
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Cheap hotel, quite old but with a bit of charm and roomy, clean and tidy. It is right next to China Town and across the road from the hop on hop off bus stop which is really handy. There is a great Irish Bar just down the road with good meals. Staff were nice and helpful. The meal area is tiny and really hard to get around in. The food was pretty average.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends