“Comfy and hip in downtown San Francico”
Review of W San Francisco

W San Francisco
Ranked #65 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Lovely rooms and excellent service. Loved the bliss beauty products and the Buda statue that glowed a cool pink. It is a good location and has a hip bar. I definitely would return.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,222)

Reviewed 27 February 2012

stayed at the w while visint my daughter at college. It was hip, trendy. The staff was extremely accomodating. Thought the location would be good but could have been better. rooms were adequate.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was my first stay at this W Hotel, but it felt like I had been there before. The staff were both professional and friendly and met any request I had with enthisiasm. The location for me was excellent. My room was perfect, clean and comfortable with everything I need, except a coffee maker, which was brought up promptly when I requested one...followed by a call from the Whatever/Whenever folks to be sure I received it. I couldn't have asked for better service or better people. I am happy to recommend this hotel for your trip to San Francisco.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend (President's Day weekend) and had an a great time. We stayed in a Corner Room on the 17th floor. I honestly did not want to leave!

Pro's:
-awesome decor through out the hotel and room. Loved the little details in the room that made it seem more like a home than a hotel.
-hotel is always playing great music
-superrrrr comfy bed!
-clean! Everything smelled nice! I hate when towels, sheets, the room etc at hotels have a funky smell. Even the elevators had floral scented air fresheners
-upbeat and young vibe.
-great hotel bar but a little pricey
-room was pretty quiet. I hate being woken up by hallway noise!
-loved the Bliss Spa products
-Close to Union Square

Con's:
-PARKING! Parking at the hotel is over $50 a day. TIP: Park at the Moscone Center Parking Garage. Literally just a few steps away from the hotel and half the price. $27 per day. I left my car there the whole weekend with no problem at all.
-A bit pricey.
-Shower pressure was low in our room. Not a big deal but slightly annoying.
- The dinner menu at TRACE didn't appeal to me or boyfriend who are total foodies so we decided not to dine there even though we wanted to.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. W has got me hooked. I'll definitely be looking into their other locations for future trips.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VictoriaMichele
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband, sixteen year old daughter and I have just returned from a 4-day stay at the W in San Francisco. My first overall impression was that the decor was somewhat "dated". These days "hip" is bright, sleek and cool with lots of clean lines, and light stone floors/walls. Instead the decor at the W was dark and more 1990's black with hits of primary colours. Certainly not what I expected for a trendy hotel, but certainly not a deal breaker either. Decor aside, the check-in was fast and efficient.

The decor of the rooms was much nicer and brighter. However, I was disappointed by the size of the beds. I have stayed at other Westins in the past and have always looked forward to their "heavenly" beds. This time the bed, which felt a tad smaller than a double, was far too small for two adults and my husband and I both woke up with knots in our backs. As well, the walls between the rooms were quite thin as I could hear the conversations of my neighbours as well as their music quite clearly. Fortunately, they went to bed around 1 am so I did not complain to the front desk.

The fitness room is quite well equipped and the pool is a nice size.

Overall, our stay was adequate but I would try a different hotel in future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family