New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Hotel Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Staying at Hotel Triton was a truly incredible experience. The staff- particularly Vilen and Valerie, were exceptional. From the moment we arrived, they went above and beyond to provide us with the best service we have ever experienced anywhere. Each day we stayed, it just got better and and more personalized. Hotel Triton made us feel like real VIPs. Total rock stars! Beyond that, it was like staying with good friends-good friends who happen to own a hotel, are ridiculously generous and want to show you the best time ever. We can't stop talking about how great this hotel was and look forward to going back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

The Triton was a big disappointment. Granted i took the lowest price room, but it was so small that the double bed was up against the was so i could only get into it on one side.

But the real problem came at 3am when the garbage trus pulled up under my window and made enough noise to wake the dead for nearly a half an hour.

The next day after I complained I was moved to a quiet and larger room at no extra cost. But the hotel obviously knows that certain rooms (I was in 322) will be disturbed and should at a minimum tell the guests and offer deep discounts to anyone who decide to stay there despite the noise.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bmh1207
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Hello bmh1207 ~ I'm so sorry to hear about the first night of your stay. I hope that as you can see by the other reviews that this is not the norm for the hotel. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you should your plans ever bring you back to San Francisco. Just reach out to me directly and I will take care of the rest personally. We hope to hear from you soon and see you back even sooner.

Take care,
Antonio Flores
antonio.flores@hoteltriton.com
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I was totally overwhelmed when trying to finding a hotel in San Francisco. When I stumbled on the Triton during my extensive online searching, it seemed like a funky risk - either it would be completely awesome or an overblown and poorly executed dud. Talk about the former! Totally amazing, amazing, amazing! I think it is the best hotel we've ever stayed at - and we've stayed at quite a few nice ones.

I joined Kimpton "In Touch" (their free loyalty program) when booking the room to guarantee free internet (a program perk). What a good and lucky move on my part! We arrived in the room to find a $10 mini bar coupon for In-Touch members. Moments later a hand-written note from the manager and a free bottle of wine were delivered to the room simply because I was an In Touch member. It didn't cost a thing! Talk about an awesome loyalty program. If I wasn't loyal before, I am now!

The room was very cool. Small, but to be expected in a hotel located right next to the Chinatown gates in the middle of the Financial District. Still it had room for all of our things and we were pretty happy with it. Unfortunately, we didn't notice until we lay down in bed at night that our room was right next to the air handling units on the seventh floor. Talk about loud! The noise was at just the right frequency to be really annoying AND to rattle the headboard. We thought we might get by, but two seconds with our head on the pillow and I was calling the front desk. No questions asked they got us settled into a new room. The next day another hand-written note appeared in the room offering us free ice-cream for our troubles! Problems happen, but the true extent of a good hotel is how they were handled - and this was handled flawlessly.

We missed the free wine happy hours because we were out exploring the city, but made good use of the very funky, artistic, lobby, enjoyed the art in the mezzanine, and asked lots of questions of the staff, who were very helpful. We loved the little hotel dog, who would stop by to greet you in the lobby. And the location was great...walk out the door and you are in Chinatown and within blocks of all the Cable Cars and a bunch of museums. The card store next store was a great and convenient place for postcards and the cafe a fine place to stop for a cup of espresso.

The last night we tried to find a late night hangout and failed miserably, so instead we returned to our hotel room, opened the free wine and rang the front desk to see if we could still get that container of free ice cream. They brought it right up and we sat in the room enjoying the comfy atmosphere and our perks.

I would definitely come back to this hotel and now, whenever I'm in a city with a Kimpton in it, I'll be staying there. They've made me a loyal customer. NO other hotel chain has managed that. Bravo!

Room Tip: Well avoid the seventh floor corner. If you can swing it, go for a king, which might be a bit of a b...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank astro17
Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

My sister and I stayed there for her b.day. We were treated better than family; surprise treats, cards, constant laughter. The windows open so we could hear the street sounds, cool robes, crazy fun colors, textures and located close to everything plus they allow dogs which is always a delight. Coffee is delivered to hotel by local roasters on bicycles; people there are gems. Kinda pricey but if you have to spend $, spend it there.

Room Tip: If you love the city, ask for one over the street. The room is well insulated when window closed but...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 2justbreathe
carlisle, ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Great place. Roomy rooms. Friendlly Service. Perfect Location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple