The ritz in San Francisco has always been one of our top hotels ranking with plaza athenee in paris and the peninsula in hong kong. We have stayed there about six times and therefore picked it for our anniversary hotel on a one week road trip, We checked in only to be told by an inexperienced front desk clerk that there was a mistake in our reservation and the last day of our stay was cancelled therefore they couldn't honor our deluxe room, club floor assignment even though we had made the reservation two months before and were completely prepaid for the entire reservation..They were very busy that weekend. After demanding to speak to the manager, the clerk reemerged and said good news they were allowing us to have our reservation honored....We were assigned a room, I told them we would meet the bellman in the club lounge and went off to enjoy the club lounge,,only to discover on arrival that we were given club access not club level rooms. We had been downgraded,, Repeat customer, gold ritz carlton member having stayed at four of their hotels this year alone, I was not happy and demanded to see the manager after being told they were saving rooms for other guests coming in, later in the weekend....Eventually we got our room although I am not sure it was the room I paid $1000 per night. The hotel itself has been modernized and looks beautiful although it has lost some charm, The staff friendly, did not remember our names unritz carlton like. It was our only stop during the entire week where we received no anniversary recognition. Offerings at the club level were still great but nothing seemed the same,In deed turndown one night forgotten Good hotel still, but no longer world class .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within a 1909 landmark building in the scenic neighborhood of Nob Hill, The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, the city's only AAA Five-Diamond hotel provides convenient access to the best of San Francisco and features the historic cable car right outside its doors. Offering globally-inspired California cuisine and seasonal cocktails at Parallel 37, the largest luxury Club Level experience in San Francisco, and recently renovated guest rooms and suites as well as meetings and special events space, the 336-room Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco provides the ultimate in personalized Ritz-Carlton service, comfort and luxury. The hotel received a "World's Best Award" by Travel + Leisure for 2014 and Conde Nast Traveler has placed the hotel on the "Gold List" as the top San Francisco hotel for 17 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Ritz Carlton
- Ritz San Francisco
- Ritz-Carlton San Francisco