1,878 results
All reviews wine and cheese union square continental breakfast evening cookies other guests freshly baked cookies warm cookies boutique hotel small hotel hard boiled eggs brick wall yogurt evening wine post street ceiling fan sitting room perfect location
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We came to San Francisco for the Presidents day weekend and decided to give this hotel a try. It came highly recommended and I can understand why. It is ideally located about 100 yards from Union square so close to all the shopping and entertainment you could want. It's small but very well appointed and comfortable with clean rooms and very attentive staff. All in all we couldn't have asked for more

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sparkin07
IAUSManager, General Manager at The Inn at Union Square - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you recent stay at the Inn at Union Square and for sharing your comments. We are pleased you found our intimate hotel just off Union Square to your liking and that you found our rooms clean, comfortable and well appointed. Our attentive staff eagerly await your return.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I've stayed at the Inn at Union Square nearly every time I returned to America from Japan for 25 years. It was always my first stop on a visit 'home' from Japan, or my last stop before heading back to Asia, and it did feel like my second home. I would look forward to meeting the wonderful, warm, international staff, who kindly welcomed me 'home' each time I reached or departed the country. The Inn is a little hotel with an interesting history which somehow pervades the space even today. Although in recent years it was redecorated in a less intimate style, the place still retains its charm, and the staff is still attentive. A delicious breakfast in a small and comfortable sitting room allows for meeting other guests, but you can also opt to take it to your room and read the paper in peace.
The location is perfect for shopping, Chinatown, or other tourist attractions. I highly recommend the Inn for its service and ambiance. Unfortunately, in recent years, reservations are taken offsite, and the prices have become out-a-sight, so with retirement, I also had to retire from the Inn. I'll always think of it as a home away from home.

Room tip: Ask for a "suite" more like a little apartment) if more than one guest and you want a little privacy.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Oishii13
IAUSManager, General Manager at The Inn at Union Square - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments and for considering us your “home” in the USA. That is a great compliment and we wish you might re-consider your decision to “retire” from the Inn. We greatly value your loyalty and past patronage and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. It is very comfortable with a great location just off Union Square. The staff were friendly and helpful especially when I needed to see a a doctor locally. The little extras are nice such as the wine, tea and coffee, free wi fi , continental breakfast etc. They may be included in the pricing but it is nice not to be constantly shelling out extra for small stuff like bottles of water in your room and wi fi (I had expected the latter to be free in hotels but this was not our experience in other (and more expensive) US hotels stayed in during our trip).

Date of stay: February 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eimear S
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The Inn at Union Square is the best hotel that I ever stayed in my life.
The Location is amazing,on Union Square (where you can find stores, restaurants, and much more)
Rooms are quite small.but it's not a problem, 'cause they're soo comfortable, the bed is really large, and comfy as well.
Breakfast is really good (please try the Pistachio Croissant, best thing ever) and you can eat in your room, which gives you some privacy.
There is also,in the afternoon Wine and Cheese on the 3rd and 5th floor, and delicious fresh oatmeal cookis.
And on each floor you cand find fresh orange and apple and tea.
Every night it's delivered to your room bottle of water,chocolates and the weather forecast, which I think is really lovely.
Last,but not least the staff is extremely nice, best staff ever.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank YAndrade
IAUSManager, General Manager at The Inn at Union Square - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the Inn at Union Square. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and that you found our central location, complimentary breakfast and evening wine and cheese offerings. And, oh yes, the fresh baked cookies as well. Our friendly and accommodating staff appreciate the feedback as well and hope they will have the opportunity to serve you again soon. .

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stayed in this Hotel for 3 nights and we were 100% satisfied. It has a great location very near Union Square and its just a 10 minutes walk to China town. All the staff we met were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are big enough and Wifi works very well. Breakfast is also more what we have expected. The breakfast room is tiny so we had breakfast in our room every morning. What we also appreciated was the daily wine tasting. Every late afternoon they served good wines and snacks (incl. cheese) free of charge. All in all a wonderful little Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple