“Rip off!!!!!!”

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Ranked #110 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Just checked into the Sheraton, I knew the rates for parking prior to booking but think its disgusting that public can get parking for the same price as a guest staying at the hotel!

Also, just paid for Internet wifi for my room and understood that it was a rate of $14.95 per 24hrs, however no where does it mention even when agreeing to payments does it say PER DEVICE! As I requireinternet for my iPad and laptop for business and studies and then my iPhone for personal use they want to charge $14.95 x 3 devices. It is disgusting that no where doesit state this........FALSE ADVERTISING and there is no way I would have stayed here if I knew this prior to booking as I require Internet a lot and $14.95 is reasonable per day but $39.85 per day is absurd, it should be $14.95 per room per 24 hrs.

Not impressed and if I can get my money back I would and would move to another hotel.......in all my travels all over the world I have never been ripped off in such a sly way, different if they clearly state conditions of everything but they don't.

Rooms are extremely small but nice furnishings. When u go into the bathroom, u almost have to step into the bath to be able to close the door and use the toilet. It's clean and nice furnishings but I hate million $ companies who still try to scam guests by not advising conditions clearly. Would never stay again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Email to ask for full terms and conditions for everything cos they will try to charge you for as muc...
1  Thank TravelTheWorld2910
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear TravelTheWorld2910, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent stay with us. I do apologize there was some confusion related to our in-room high speed internet service fees and encourage you to call the hotel so we can assist in resolving this with our service provider, iBahn. We can normally work with the provider in cases such as this depending upon how many devices and how many guests are registered in the room. Since the connection service is 100% automated, it can some times be confusing as to which account you need to log into and how charges are incurred. I am sorry this negatively impacted your stay, however we look forward to resolving this for you at your earliest convenience. Safe travels and warm regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I'm a little torn between 3 and 4 stars. Generally I like Sheraton hotels and given that this is one of the nicer hotels in the Fisherman's Wharf area I'm going to go with 4. Compared to a less touristy area Sheraton it would come out with 3 stars so I am really ranking it against it's local competitors.

The hotel is at a great location and just a block from the main drag and a very short walk to Pier 39.

The reception area is spacious with lots of seating, a bar/cafe and some great outdoor seating with fire pits. Check-in was a breeze with friendly staff and based on the earlier reviews I asked for an inward facing room for a little more peace and got one. The rooms facing any of the three streets are going to be noisy with trams passing by or the bus yard opposite the Powell Street side so definitely ask for one of the courtyard facing rooms.

The hotel is clean and the room was a decent size but not big enough to accommodate an additional roll-away bed for any additional kids . The walls are pretty thin so you could hear people walking around in the room above and outside in the corridor but the noise from outside was minimal.

The weather was not great but the kids loved the heated pool and the there's a fire pit to keep the adults warm while the kids play. A couple more fire pits around the pool would be a great addition.

We'd definitely stay again but perhaps would ask for a top floor, inside facing room.

Room Tip: All the streets around the hotel are noisy with traffic so request an inward facing room and as high...
1  Thank Si405

Dear Si405, many thanks for your recent review of our hotel and for the 5-star rating of our staff service, cleanliness and location. I was very pleased to see you found our reception staff to be friendly, that your room location was to your liking and that you enjoyed our outdoor warming firepits. So sorry about the rainy weather ... we have had some spring showery days recently, however we are forecasted for a sunny warming trend starting this weekend. Thanks so much for the recommendation and I look forward to your return visit soon. Best wishes to you and your family and warm regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The highlight of a perfect vacation in SF was staying at the Sheraton Fisherman's Whaft.
Extremely friendly and professional service was a the norm with delightful , bright comfortable rooms!
Even after checking out the great service continued as we left an expensive sandal there. Lost and found kept us up to date with the searching results until the shoe was found!

And the beds.................perfect, probably the best night sleep I have ever had! They were so confortable they were hard to leave behind! Best brunch in town when comparing freshness and variety....with again, great service from the smiling hostess to the waiters.

I love this place and highly recommednd it, especially the romantic fire pits around the place, perfect for a late nite martini!

1  Thank Rarcadi

Dear Rarcadi, many thanks for the 5-star review and for your kind comments for our friendly and professional staff. I will most certainly pass on the kudo's to our team members and am pleased we were able to assist you with your lost and found item. Thanks for the recommendation and tip for enjoying a martini by our outdoor firepits. We look foward to your return visit and wish you and your family warm regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The room was nice and clean. The bed was super comfortable. Loved the Starbucks coffee in the room and in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Jo_B, thanks for the review of our hotel and the 5-star rating for our service, cleanliness and location. I was pleased you enjoyed our comfy Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and coffee service and we look forward to hosting your next visit to San Francisco. Take care and warm regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was a good location as I had a meeting around fisherman's wharf. With all the restaurants and shops within walking distance I felt like this was a stay not be missed. Seems like the hotel has gone major remodeling I felt like that have done a great job. This is more of a modern hotel with upgraded amenities. Their bed was extra comfortable and the service was second to none. The concierge, front desk to housekeeping made my stay enjoyable. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Vagabond4you, many thanks for the 5-star review of our staff service, sleep quality and location. I was pleased you found our service to be exceptional and that our concierge, desk and housekeeping staff left a great impression. I will most certainly pass on your kind comments and look forward to your next visit ... whether here on business or on vacation! Thanks again and warm regards,