4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$181
Hotels.comUS$181
eDreamsUS$181
Agoda.comUS$181
8,023 results
All reviews the view lounge m club great location the concierge lounge convention hotel moscone center union square top floor large hotel busy hotel corner room market street business trip bart station per day valet parking cable car
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2020

The awesome part: The King bed room we had was huuuuuge! It had a very large entry foyer, and living room area with a full size couch, chair, and coffee table, and a separate bedroom area with the king bed and another large chair with footstool. The bathroom was also very good size and the shower was large and great water pressure. Two big screen TVs that already have the streaming apps installed you just have to sign into your account.

The bad parts: I didn't find the bed mattress very comfortable...it was very soft and was sinking way too much into the mattress....did not sleep very well here. Secondly and much more important.....you pay $80 for valet parking BUT it is very very slow. We waited in the valet line for over an hour when we first arrived...and other waits for the check-in and retrieval of the vehicle was also slow. When you pay this much for service....you shouldn't have to wait this long!!! I complained to one valet employee who pretty much told me off in his response, then also complained to the valet parking manager who didn't even have anything to say in reply. Also, for some reason....if you choose to self-park...they charge you $90+ for that also!!!! I have no worldly explanation for that policy! Also, be prepared to carry your own bags as there does not appear to be any bell service in this hotel. How can a place like this not offer bag services to hotel guests??? Lastly, another valet complaint....when we were checking out I called the car retrieval phone number and it said our car was already requtested...so then called the front desk with the issue but they never called back with a response, so we had to take all of our stuff down by ourselves (no bell service) and try to straighten out the car problem directly with the valet guys. So....yet another long valet parking wait...and more frustration.

If you decide to stay here....leave you car at home and just enjoy the great location and the huuuuge rooms....but avoid the verrry frustrating valet parking service.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank George P
Reviewed 11 September 2020 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights before moving on to Minneapolis which was our destination. Since my husband is a Titanium member we decided to spend points for our stay. The location of the hotel is nice, central in downtown but since the riots there is quite a weird vibe there, which ofcourse is not the hotels fault.

At arrival we were informed that the hotel won't offer breakfast or have a lounge open, which wasn't advertised anywhere in detail. This was a huge disappointment since we had to get breakfast elsewhere every day, and didn't really get to enjoy the lounge, which was why we choose this hotel over others. The amount of points for staying at the hotel didn't decrease at all, which I think it should to reflect the diminished services. The "market" in the hotel which was open for purchasing breakfast was OK but pricey. On the weekend it also opened quite late. We noted that people sat outside waiting for it to open to get breakfast.

We were upgraded to an corner room, which is nice since its the standard process for titanium members, but the room itself was quite a disappointment. The windows were so dirty that there really wasn't any view to talk of, irregardless of how many corner windows your room has. It just made the room feel windowless and small. There was also some long hair in the bathroom which wasn't appreciated (we are two men with short hair).

The staff was nice and friendly. At checkout the receptionist promised to return a portion of our points after hearing our experience, but 6 weeks in that still hasn't happened, which is a bummer since he gave a very professional impression and response to our feedback.

Overall an disappointing experience in a hotel and chain which we usually find ourselves satisfied in (Mariott and Renaissance).

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 402edvinb
Reviewed 2 September 2020

I’m a Bonvoy Silver member, and on the way to this property my wallet was stolen. I filed a police report and had alternative ID, and the staff was reluctant to work with my circumstances and manually key in a credit card number. I understand the need for security, but I arrived at 12am and had a pre-existing reservation, with a credit card on file, under my Bonvoy number.

the staff verified my credentials another way, and worked with me over the next 1-3 days while my bank overnighted replacement cards to me.

However, the staff was helpful and hospitable to me in a manner that exceeded the brand promise. I was grateful that my loyalty to Marriott earned loyalty in a situation that was not ideal.

The hotel itself is comfortable, fresh, and well staffed.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank P9273VGnathanl
Reviewed 21 August 2020

lovely to stay in a nice hotel during the pandemic we felt safe, there was a small market we ordred food from, it was okay, Most of the travel sites do not address parking at these properties, parking was astronomical-- We got into the hotel at 9pm and left by 11, in the end, we felt we didnt have a choice but to cave to the 80$ day parking $94 with fees 8(
personnel were lovely

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Ktknorr
Reviewed 18 August 2020

They checked us into a dirty room when the hotel occupancy was likely around 30%. We were in a hurry to get to dinner, so literally put our bags in the room and went out. On return, as we were retiring, I noticed the closet had dirty bathrobes, open beverages and the bed was made but the sheets had clearly been slept in. Rang the front desk and they moved us to a room next door. No assistance was sent up - the security guard simply brought us a new room key. No amenity provided whatsoever. At checkout, they refused to reduce the room rate and offered 5,000 BonVoy points to my account - which have yet to be awarded. Due to Covid-19 the hotel is lifeless and the only food and drink is what you can purchase from their Cafe which has limited hours. Front Desk gave no instruction to us for surrounding options. We sussed out our own. Would never stay here again nor recommend it. Zero customer service.

Date of stay: July 2020