“A great place to say”

San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Ranked #27 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here for a few nights last June for my b-day. Amazing Hotel, clean and bright. Location is great for all your shopping needs. Short bus ride to Golden Gate park. If you feel like a good walk you can walk from Union Square to Pier 39 going through China town and North beach. Nice pool, good room service and also a short walk to museum and Pac Bell Park.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Marriott-Marquis, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Good day,

We are so proud to know you had a fabulous visit.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and celebrate... Happy belated birthday, from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis~.
We appreciate all of your kind remarks.

Best regards...

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Don't be put off by the noisy lobby. The lobby feels like a busy airport lounge, a fact not helped by the open sports bar which is located right next door to the check-in desk. 1500 rooms will always cause a bit of a buzz but once you hit the room floors all is forgiven. The rooms are stylishly decorated and spacious enough to relax in, everything that you would expect from the Marriot chain. The crowing glory of this hotel, which sets it apart from others is the spectacular "skybar" situated on the 39th floor. Whilst the hotel bar doesn't rotate, you can walk fully around the bar to enjoy a 360 degree view of the city. Night time is even more spectacular with dim lights you are able to enjoy the panaramic views of the San Francisco skyline until your heart is content. Drinks are not cheap, but for a view alone are well worth the extra expense.
The hotel is located close to Union Square and is well placed for eateries and shopping. Would recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 1972Stuart
Marriott-Marquis, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Good day,

Great to know that you had a fabulous stay... And enjoyed our beautiful location The View Lounge on the 39th floor we can agree, its the best!

Hope to see you in the near future...

S.F. Marriott Marquis~

Reviewed 13 March 2012

After years of being put up in the dubious Parc 55 I was delighted to try out somewhere new.

Just around the corner from my old San Fran residence the location for the Marriott is excellent. Right on Market and beside the Westfield Mall and a myriad of other department stores the hotel is within eye shot of the Apple Store. Next door is a large cinema and it is only a 3 minute walk up to Union Sq and Macys.

This is one enormous hotel with a very busy lobby but at no time did I feel I had to wait an unnacceptable amount of time to be seen to at the front desk or concierge. All the front line staff I dealt with I found to be extremely polite, helpful and professional. Even the housekeeping staff on the corridors would say hello and ask if I needed anything done which is most unusual in such a large hotel.

The rooms are rather large. Sadly I was on the 8th floor and the only view I had was of a brick wall but nonetheless it was far quieter then anything I experienced at the Parc55 and the room was so well appointed that I didnt need a view. The TV was a large flatscreen and had plenty of channels. The bed was your typical Marriott which was very comfortable.

Perhaps one of the big let downs however was the room service menu which I found to be minute with a very poor selection. Although when I did receive my meal I was pleased with it but as I said, it was lacking even for a marriott. I did however try the breakfast buffet one of the mornings I was there and found it wonderful and very reasonable for price.

I also had a problem with my wake up call which I received an hour early however I clogged this down to the fact that the clocks had changed to summer time during my stay and I did receive an adequate apology from the front desk for this oversight.

All in all I really enjoyed this hotel. I look forward to hopefully staying here many more times in the future and not for one moment do I miss the Parc55.

Room Tip: Try to get a high level floor with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Marriott-Marquis, Manager at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Great pleasure to receive your response... Glad to know how much enjoyed your stay, and your feedback regarding the comfort of our guest rooms and sleeping area! San Francisco is a fabulous place to visit, hope that we will see you again!

Our best regards,
Marriott Marquis~

Reviewed 12 March 2012

What a great hotel. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. There were 4 of us travelling so we booked the double room, lots of space to put our luggage.
The shops were a one minute walk away, Union Square was a 5 minute walk away and there were plenty of places to eat very close by.
The cable car was at the end of the street and only took 10 minutes to get down to the Pier.
Would recommend to everyone to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mrsgrim09

Good day,

We thank you for sharing your comments, have a pleasant afternoon...

S.F. Marriott Marquis~~

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I spent a week there to attend a conference. The hotel is really nice, well located and easily accesible. Actually, the hotel could be access from three different sides.

The room was clean, the bed was really comfortable and the amenities were on par to what I usually expect in a hotel in this category. The only negative would be the computer chair which was kind of disgusting.

I would go back there next time I'm in SF. I also really liked the fact that there was a Starbucks right in the lobby beside the elevators!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Good day,

We appreciate all of your kind compliments... Our guest rooms are scheduled for a redo and completion is scheduled for December 2013. We do invite you to visit with us again! Thank you and have a pleasant day!

S.F. Marriott Marquis!