Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
4,105 results
All reviews sam's diner city hall orpheum theater civic center historical hotel bart station market st public transportation an older hotel few blocks starbucks sf burnie doorman trolley pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2020

Need a place to stay at the last minute. This place was reasonably priced and in a great location in downtown San Francisco. The room was clean and was comfortable. I forgot my toothbrush but called the front desk and they brought me one.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Westley L
Reviewed 24 July 2020

third time staying here, and choose to stay here because I know it, and it does what it says on the tin. A nice room, good bathroom, and very comfy bed. Due to it size, it can take a while for the lift to become available, and the street outside can be a bit tasty sometimes - but due to it being so busy, rarely feels unsafe. A good base to explore on foot or jump on the trams.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 28 March 2020

Me and my girlfriend really enjoyed this hotel. Yes, there are homeless people in the area but this is SF reality. The Uber is cheap and Bart is few steps away.
Ola at the reception was really sweet and made us feel welcomed.

1  Thank Denis_T
AlexTran-Whitcomb, Front Office Manager at Hotel Whitcomb, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2020

Hello Denis_T,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We are appreciate your business and a great compliment at this crucial time for the hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a good time here with us. We hope to see you again soon in the near future. Farewell!

Reviewed 22 March 2020

I paid in advance $212 for my stay and all of my other fees including a grab and go breakfast that was never even mentioned cost me $174. I understand that Hotel Whitcomb is a business and you have responsibilities but it would be nice to know what is all required price wise when booking the room. Bundle it all in with the price of the room instead of bombshellling people after they are already booked

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank cfarns0610
AlexTran-Whitcomb, Front Office Manager at Hotel Whitcomb, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2020

Hello cfarns0610,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I am sad to hear that you were not informed about the grab and go breakfast pricing during your stay here with us. I wonder if you can shed some more light on your reservation so I can check on the source of the booking. I can be reached at atran@hotelwhitcomb.com. I am looking forward to hearing back from you. We appreciate your business during this very crucial time for us and hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2020

This hotel has the potential to be decent, although even though I booked through TripAdvisor directly, I was shocked when I looked at my credit credit card statement to see they had charged an additional 'urban bundle fee' of $30 per night. Neither the hotel nor TripAdvisor had disclosed this fee upfront, at time of booking, or at the time of checking out. In fact at check-out, they did not ask me to confirm my bill, they simply charged my card automatically with the additional fees (from having on file).

This is a shameless money-grab and so I am currently in touch with my credit card company to have this money refunded in the form of a chargeback. I would advise that you save yourself the hassle and don't bother staying here.

2  Thank ravibhatt11
AlexTran-Whitcomb, Front Office Manager at Hotel Whitcomb, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2020

Dear ravibhatt11,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We are disappointed to hear that TripAdvisor did not disclose the fee when you booked the reservation. We will investigate and contact TripAdvisor as soon as possible to have it fixed. We do apologize for the inconvenience and was sad to know that the fee ruined your experience here. On the other hand, we appreciate the good compliment about how decent we are. We value your opinions and will take prompt action to improve our communication toward our future guests. On the perhaps of the Hotel Whitcomb, we really appreciate your business at this very crucial time.