“worst hotel I have ever stayed in”
Review of Hotel Whitcomb

Hotel Whitcomb
Ranked #175 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
San Francisco, California
“worst hotel I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I have been around the world including 3rd world countries and I have never had a worst experience. The hotel smells, so much that I could sleep. The room was dirty and the bed had no support.

4 Thank Ray L
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. Unfortunately we are dissapointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us. We hope that some time in the future you will give us another chance to change your mind. If so please contact me personally to take care of your reservation.

Thanks Again.

Kris Betz, Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed for 6 nights on business, and couldn't have really asked for anything more. Buses are right outside and there is an entrance to the BART right there also. Rolando and Esmerelda checked me in quick and answered any questions I had. The rooms are a little old, but not without some charm (high ceilings, comfortable beds...but crappy TV/tiny shower). You can take the BART from the airport to the hotel and vice versa for about $9. The bus into the city (Market and 4th) takes about 5 minutes and costs $2 per ride (its a 10-15 minute walk). I didn't see too many homeless people and I walked around a lot. Try Sam's Diner across the street...great service there too.

1 Thank SKDE03
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel Whitcomb and for sharing your thoughts about your stay. We are pleased to know that two of our team provided you with such great service. I will make sure to share this review with them both. Please remember to stay with us again if you are returing to San Francisco.

Thanks Again.

kris Betz, Director of Operations
So Cal
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The lobby is beautiful and historic. The employees were great. I was able to store my luggage well after I checked out and use a private location to change clothes. The rooms were medium clean and the walls were scared with patches and small holes were stuff was once hung. But the vintage fixtures and bathroom were a refreshing change from the cookie cutter modern hotel chains. I really enjoyed the old world charm.

Public transportation is nearby along with quite a few street people. None of them bothered us however and we felt reasonably safe.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay. It is good to hear that your enjoyed the historic elements of the hotel and had a great overall stay with us. We do hope that each time you return to SF from So Cal you keep the Hotel Whitcomb in mind. See you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2012

As soon as my shuttle stopped in front of the hotel, I knew I picked the right place to spend my time in the Bay Area. Location: Close to a public transit (BART) which was a plus since I had to visit some relatives in the east bay. Price: Affordable especially for a historic hotel. Service: Excellent Customer Service!! The front agent who helped me was very kind and helpful. Check in and check out was a breeze. Room: Clean and cozy. Overall rating: I was very satisfied with my stay at this hotel. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit =).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. We are all pleased to know that every aspect of your experience was positive and that your had a great time in SF. I will be sure to share this review with our staff so they know they are doing well. Please keep us in mind next time you are in the Bay Area.

Thanks,

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My family and I stayed at The Hotel Whitcomb while we toured the city of SF. We checked in on a late Friday afternoon thinking it would be a long process since they seemed busy. But I was wrong. I was accommodated by a nice gentleman who was very professional and polite. We were checked in right away and have no complaints with the quality of service given. The room had a vintage feel which added to our SF experience. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a quality service at an affordable price.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Coffee1love
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay at the Hotel Whitcomb. We are pleased to know that not only the service was excellent but your overall trip to SF was also. Please know that we appreciate your comments and hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Thank You.

Kris Betz, Director of Operations.