2 people are viewing this hotel
Official Website
US$197
Free cancellation until 16/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$188
Trip.com
US$175
Free cancellation until 17/12/22
Expedia.comUS$197
PricelineUS$197
HurbUS$201
1,473 results
All reviews tenderloin heated pool free parking rock and roll pool party great pool motor lodge cool vibe homeless people never felt unsafe city hall love this hotel central location union square around the corner street noise neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2022

Although the small parking lot is your first impression of the place, don't let that deter you. The entire staff is friendly and helpful and ready to make your stay the best! It's a cute little funky boutique hotel with beautiful grounds, including a artsy pool as the main courtyard focal point. The rooms are clean, cozy and has all your basic needs. If you need something not there, just call the office! They are ready to help and get you what you need. My friends had their wedding there. It was well supported by the staff and a perfect place for the guests to have their rooms to go sit and rest in between the wedding events. It's in the perfect location, near Little Saigon and Great American Music Hall and other great places to eat and listen to music.

Date of stay: April 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Orlando Lee, Guest Services / Front Office at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2022

Hello Booty,

As always it is our pleasure to make sure your stay with us is nothing less than fantastic. We are so thankful for the high praise and from our whole team here at the hotel we all say HELLO and send you some love!

See you sooner than later,

Reviewed 22 June 2022 via mobile

I really wanted a place where I could spend some of my visit just lounging, and Phoenix nailed it. Even with weather in the low 60s, their poolside was where it's at. Excellent staff - very warm people.
There are also some great restaurants in walking distance, including late night eats. The only caveat - some people may find the neighborhood a bit rough.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Orlando Lee, Guest Services / Front Office at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2022

Hello Travel,

Although our neighborhood is very colorful at times and as you well know once you walk into our gates you find the perfect oasis to kick back, have a drink and lounge with no cares at all. Our home is your home always.

Cheers to you,

Reviewed 4 June 2022

The 1950s mod layout of the hotel was everything, from the minute you walk in from the gruff streets of the tenderloin you walk into an amazing oasis with mature magnolia trees and their iconic pool with. The bedrooms are spacious and comfortable and the overall atmosphere is a delight. The staff is lovely and made for an even more enjoyable stay. Parking is available for a fee.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Orlando Lee, Guest Services / Front Office at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2022

Hello Handy,

Thank you for the kind words and from the whole team here at the hotel , we all send you a big THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2022

The Phoenix is a very cool and comfortable hotel. Beds were cozy, pool was the perfect temp and the staff were beyond friendly/helpful. The neighborhood does have some grit to it, but that’s all part of the full city experience and we felt very safe in the hotel and walking around the area. Will definitely be returning.

Hello Kelsey,

We work hard here at the hotel to make sure everyone feels safe and secure at all hours so that all guests near and far are able to relax and enjoy all we have to offer! Thank you so much for staying with us and we certainly look forward to seeing your smiling face again.

Reviewed 27 May 2022

The hotel is a hidden gem in the city. Onsite parking, Outside pool, and an awesome staff. I packed my jewelry in my bag. Left my bag in the lobby while I attended a graduation in the city. When I returned to the hotel I looked in the bag for my jewelry. I couldn't find my earrings or bracelet. The manager reviewed all of the footage from the camera in the lobby. Nobody touched my bags. I went back through my bags and found my jewelry. I would be more than happy for a return trip. Very kind and thoughtful staff working in a killer throwback hotel.

Date of stay: May 2022
Orlando Lee, Guest Services / Front Office at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2022

Hello Mav,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much for this correction and for letting us know you found your items. I do apologize it did take me some time to go through the footage and get back to you and we really appreciate your efforts and gratitude. You are more than welcome to lose anything here at anytime we got you. LOL

We do hope to see you again soon and have a great weekend!