2,445 results
All reviewsshared bathrooms are smallceiling fanprivate bathroomgreat locationunion squaremarket streetaround the cornerqueen roombart stationstreet noisecomplimentary coffeeeach morningbudget hotelcable carheart of san franciscoenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 20 September 2012

In a sold out city from conventions & expos, by chance the Mosser Hotel had one room left available for me. The room was very cozy, nice tv, nice bed, ceiling fan & sink in room. Thanks so much it was very much needed. Only downfall is when you have to potty you have to go outside the room to a shared bathroom. The free internet business computer was nice to have.

Room Tip: I had loud neighbors, woke me up every few hours, hardly got any sleep, but wasn't nec the hotels fault. :(
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I found the hotel to be, not only in the perfect position being but about 30 metres from the main street of San Francisco but also it was nice and clean and nothing was a problem for the staff who helped you in everyway possible. The rooms are small but hey you dont travel all the way to San Francisco to sit in your hotel room all day. The place was very clean and the shared toilets and bathrooms were always vacant when we wanted to use them. the price per room was exceptionasl compared to the other hotels charging no less than twice if not more. Truly my wife and I could not recommend it highly enough. It was one of the treasures in our trip around the US.

Room Tip: None to mention
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Just got back from a quick weekend stay at the Mosser. We "splurged" for a Deluxe Queen room and thought it was perfect. As others have stated, the hotel has great Victorian bones but has been modernized perfectly. I peeked at a few of the rooms as I walked down the hall and yes, some are very tiny. The corner Deluxe Queen that we got, however, had plenty of room. So there are options depending on your budget and comfort level!

We walked all over the city from the hotel, and the Powell St. BART station is right around the corner. It's a great, central location.

4 stars and not 5 due to the very slow valet parking! They did warn us that it would take 20-30 minutes to retrieve my car from valet. But it was more like 40 minutes during a not-busy time. Not a huge deal, but enough of an annoyance to knock off a star. Otherwise we loved the Mosser and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a nice view and we got a corner room on the 7th floor with 2 huge windows.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magnolia83
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Our hotel for the night was "The Mosser". Check in was pleasant and quick and we were soon in our room. Lonely Planet described the rooms as small with smaller bathrooms, I can not agree with this review. Our room was spacious and the bathroom adequate for our stay even having a full size bath.  While it may not be as new as a chain hotel, it was clean and well decorated. Noise from the next room was slightly annoying but did not disturb us during the night at all.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This hotel is a great for someone who wants to be in the middle of the action in San Francisco without breaking the bank. Of course like every thing in life there are trade offs, but if you know what your priorities are and know the facts you can make a good choice. So having said that, here is what you get, a clean room, friendly staff, free internet, muffens and excellent coffee in the morning, hair dryer, iron with ironing board, good toiletries , a small flat screen TV and a great location ( 4th and market area, near the Powell BART station with easy access to SFO and OAK) this location is as central as you can get in San Francisco, all the big Hotels are all around you but you'll be paying at least half. This is what you don't get, your own bathroom and shower ( in the standard rooms, although they have some with a bathroom if you pay extra, otherwise the shared bathrooms are close by, clean and secure since you enter alone with your hotel key and you can lock it until you are done, I had no trouble getting to one when I needed it, the toilets and shower rooms are separate), a large room ( the room is about 4x4 meters give or take), a closet ( there are wall mounted hangers) and most of all no absolute silence ( which I like, but you can't get everything you want in life). I hope I gave you an idea of what to expect and you can now make the decision that best fits your way of thinking. I enjoyed my stay , and enjoyed the dollars I saved not going to the Marriott ( good hotel but much more expensive) which is right across the street. Happy travels and good luck.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business