The hotel is a few steps from local transit--BART, MUNI (which takes you up Market Street or to Fisherman's Wharf), and the California Street cable car, which begins right outside the front door. A few more steps take you to the shops in the Ferry Building, the Financial Center, and a few blocks to Chinatown. It's this convenience, plus the comfortable and very spacious rooms, that draw me to this hotel. I've been able to get good rates through AARP and Priceline. I'm very sensitive to noise; from the 6th floor I could hear some traffic sounds, but not enough to bother me (ask for a room facing away from Market Street), and I heard nothing from neighboring rooms or from the lobby. Staff were very friendly and helpful. There are several places to grab an inexpensive breakfast within a few steps of the hotel. My only complaint: they charge an exorbitant $10/day for internet access. This basic service should be free. No pool, but if you're a YMCA member you can use their nearby facilities for a token payment ($3?).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 804-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco