Hyatt Regency San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Battery(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
Galleria Park Hotel(San Francisco)
4,808 results
All reviewsferry buildinggreat locationbay bridgeembarcadero centerbalcony roomthe financial districtfarmers marketcable carbart stationfisherman's wharfroom servicestreet levelclub levelpublic transportationlarge hotelstreet carsvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I agree with everyone else's reviews of this hotel. It is a great location so central to everything. I would definitely stay here again. My room was a balcony with bay and Embarcadero center view. It was a cool week so really didn't take advantage of it. A couple of close restaurants to check out is the Oasis grill(hole in the wall but good food) the Holding Company in the Embarcadero center and coffee in the ferry building..Blue Bottle Coffee.

Absolutely love San Francisco!

• Stayed: February 2012
mbort088, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear richvabrew of Richmond, Virginia:

We appreciate the time you took to share your memorable experience from your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location, the restaurants nearby and especially our Bayview Balcony Rooms. Our Bayview rooms offer spectacular views of the Bay and our very comfortable.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback. Your recommendation to stay at our hotel is one of our biggest compliments. We wish you the best and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should your travels bring you to San Francisco.

Melissa

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights for a conference with an extra night to see the city. The location is fantastic. Right by the ferry building. Walking distance to many neighbourhoods and right by the subway if you need it.

The lobby is beautiful. The room was a good size. The bathroom was starting to look a little dated. I could see the bay bridge if I looked to the left. Area is a little noisy due to some construction on the cable car line. There were picket lines outside for a few days of my stay.

Breakfast was included for some of my nights. It was okay. The fresh fruit was good, selection of breads, french toast/panckaes, sausage and bacon, homestyle potatoes and two types of scrambled eggs.

The internet should really be free at the rate this hotel charges. I found the wireless a bit slow. Seems like it there were a few conferences going on. There is no wifi in the meeting rooms. There is free wifi in the lobby.

The gym equipment was great. There was nothing to wipe down the equipment after use though. Too bad there isn't a swimming pool and/or sauna.

Overall the customer service was great. The concierges were very knowledgeable and helpful with booking dinner reservations and subway directions etc. The apples at the front desk are a nice touch.

I'd stay here again if it was for work but wouldn't book it on my own unless I got a good rate.

Room Tip: choose a high floor that ends in 9-14 or has a view of the bay. Less noise from the lobby.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Great location near the bay and the Embarcadero plus the SF Ferry Terminal. Cable car terminus is directly out front on Market Street. Such a vibrant area surrounding the Financial District and closeby on foot to Chinatown and other amazing neighbourhoods. I loved this hotel particularly because I recognised it from the Mel Brooks "High Anxiety" film scenes in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

KJDC19 from Washington DC:

Thank you for lovely feedback and glad you remembered our hotel from the "high anxiety" movie. We hope to welcome you back soon and safe travels!

Melissa

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This place is in a great location; its walking distance to almost anything. There's the Embarcadero within a few blocks. Right across the street is a Starbucks for your coffee, a Walgreens for stocking up on water and munchies and a Taco Bell if you get tired of room service. I was on the 11th floor overlooking the bridge. There are also great running trails as well.

The Fitness Center is top notch, clean and stocked with towels and water.

The associates here are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank yyasianguy
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed 2/24/12-2/26/12

This was my first visit to San Francisco, and I took the gamble of booking through Priceline and was pleased with what I got. For $116 a night, we got to stay in the Financial District at the Hyatt which was also conveniently located directly across the street from all modes of public transportation. We did not rent a car as we knew that parking in the city costs an arm. We arrived there Friday, were 3 hours early for check-in, but did not have any problem getting put in a room that was ready. Amy at the front desk was a total sweetheart, although we did decline her offer for a room with a bayside view for an additional $40 a night. When we got up to our 11th floor room, we opened the sliding doors to a good city view, as well as part of the bay. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Housekeeping was additionally accommodating and made sure that we had everything that we needed. The great thing about staying in the financial district is that it is far and close enough away from the more touristy parts of town, which made for a good night's rest. I would definitely recommend staying here, as well as highly consider staying here the next time I am in San Fran.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple