We booked in advance to stay in this hotel at both the start and end of our trip in Northern California so my comments reflect two stays over four nights.
Both times we arrived by car and were not offered any assistance either with parking or our luggage. I had to track down the valet the first time to take my car. The driveway is small so I would have thought they would be doing everything they could to get people in and out quickly but instead it seems like the staff genuinely do not care. The extent of help we were offered was to tell us there was a ramp to bring our luggage up into the hotel rather than carrying it up the stairs. This really soured our experience with the hotel from the moment we arrived and hotel management should rectify this for future guests.
The elevators as others have mentioned are incredibly slow. The only building I can recall being in with elevators this slow was a run down apartment building built in the 50s that my friends lived in while attending college.
The decor of the hallways and rooms were dated. They were not up to the standard that I expected when booking a Hilton hotel. However, the rooms were clean.
The only reason I'm giving three stars rather than two is because our rooms were upgraded each time we visited. I appreciate the upgrades but even that didn't make up for all the other flaws mentioned above.
Overall I don't think this should be a Hilton hotel. In comparison to the other Hilton hotels I've visited across North America this does not meet the standards that I think comes with the name. I would not recommend the hotel and I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton San Francisco Financial District soars 27 stories, offering stunning panoramic views of the city skyline and San Francisco Bay. Located in the historic center of the city, the hotel sits at the crossroads of the Financial District, Chinatown, North Beach and Nob Hill. You are just steps away from San Francisco's most popular attractions such as Alcatraz, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit Tower, and Lombard Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton