4,294 results
All reviews the executive lounge coit tower financial district bay view union square chinatown and north beach telegraph hill ferry building high floor fisherman's wharf an upgrade convenient location few blocks valet parking market street public transportation cable car
Reviewed 7 September 2015

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel and the experience was ok. The hotel is located very close to China Town and Little Italy and was within walking distance of the ferry building. You could get to a lot of good attractions in SF with an Uber that was less than $20. The elevators are very slow, it seemed like it was because the staff was using them a lot, as in the evening and morning you didn't have to wait as long (I don't know if they don't have a service elevator or what, but it was an inconvenience. The restaurant was the worst part of the hotel, as the service was horrible (but I found service throughout the city was pretty bad everywhere). They charge $25 for the breakfast buffet which was cold pancakes and greasy bacon, some of the food was very good, some not so much. I generally stay in Hiltons, because in my opinion there service and rooms are better than Marriott for similar prices. The rooms were fine and they were clean, but I don't know if I would stay here again. The best part of this hotel is the location.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom E
Michael V, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Dear Tom E,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are disappointed to have underwhelmed you this visit, and we will take your comments seriously in an effort to improve our accommodations and services. We strive to be much more than a great location, and hope that we may have a chance in the future to better serve you.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I stayed here for two nights the last weekend of august 2015. Sitting at the computers I could listen to the employees at the counter mocking other customers to a degree I was without words. One girl (bowtie hair) would twerk towards her employees acting out visitors questions as if talking with her behind. All the others were laughing loud clapping their hands - just incredible this could take place at a four star hotel. I experienced this mocking two days. One day I was seated at the restaurant as the ONLY customer, I waited 30min to be served and in the end I left in frustration - only then would a person approach me and by then I was so upset I was unable to hide my extreme displease. I got a free meal and very good service afterwards from one guy at the bar, but it was just too late to change my negative experience.
I was on a solo trip for pleasure. I usually use Hilton Hotels for business and usually dressed in suit etc. This time I experienced asking the consierge for help and while he was helping me, he just stopped because "some more important person" came up and I had to wait 5min (which is long in the situation) until he was done talking to this person, before he would proceed with my question. I wonder if the same would have happened would I have been standing there in my usual suit.
This hotel will loose their customers if the employees keep up this attitude and service level including the clear discrepancy between "types" of customers. It's really a shame since the hotel interior etc. is nice - but it just means nothing when the service is just not there.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne B

Dear Anne B,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us and want you to know that your comments are being addressed internally. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights while in San Francisco and had a wonderful time. Location of hotel is perfect for the financial district and Chinatown. We also walked to the piers and other locations from hotel. Found the front desk to be helpful and check in and out was smooth. Room had a great view and was the usual Hilton comfort. Overall I loved the stay and it was great with one exception. Parking was $30 a night if you do not move it but if you drive your car it is $45 a night does not matter if you did not move it the previous day's.. All days are then charged! Didn't like this but in a big city parking is always costly but I didn't like it.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank cypins

Dear cypins,

It is great to hear you had such a wonderful time in San Francisco, and that we were able to play a small part in it. Thank you for mentioning our location close to Financial District and Chinatown. We understand your comments about the parking and are happy that this was the only downside about your trip. Should you travels bring you back to San Francisco we would love for you to choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 September 2015

1 night stay following a cruise.

We flew in from Seattle arriving at SFO around 3pm. Took the BART from SFO to Montgomery and had a 15-20 min gentle walk to the hotel.

Upon arrival we were able to check in and were given a room on the 6th Floor.

The room was very nice, 2 Double beds, big TV, Coffee maker, Safe etc. We had a view of the front of the hotel where we could see Coit Tower and if looking in the distance the Pacific Ocean.

Off we went on a exploration of the City and by the time we got back we were exhausted and looked forward to good nights sleep. This is where it all went wrong.

There was a function taking place in the hotel and we could clearly hear people talking and music blaring. This went on until approx. 1am. It sounded like people were in the room with us it was so loud.

Once this stopped there was a lot of noise but this finally quietened down and all seemed well until I was woken up by a couple next door having Sex!

Why oh why can't hotels add a bit of sound proofing when building them. I really don't want to hear the neighbours have sex or going to the toilet or simply someone else's TV.

It was such a shame as it was a lovely hotel. But I won't be returning owing to the lack of sound insulation between the rooms. The water pressure in the shower was also poor!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank BristolUK_Flyer

Dear BristolUK_Flyer

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise and shower pressure. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

michael.van@hilton.co

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

Very nice hotel close to little Italy and Chinatown. Hotel staff is very friendly. Nice lounge with massage chairs (very strong massage given). Only complaint is the double beds in our room were a little too broken in.
You are a mile from the pier. A mile from moscone center. Two miles from AT&T park. A couple of blocks from a cable car. All very walkable.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Michael V, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2015

Dear sdgrey,

Thank you for your feedback. Our team is thrilled to have provided you with exceptional service, and that our location proved to be convenient for you to get to Moscone Center and AT&T Park. Thank you for mentioning the massage chairs in The CLOUD. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy the comfort of our beds and hope that next time you may let us know so we can ensure we resolve to your satisfaction.

Very Best,