Hilton San Francisco Financial District
US$211
US$214
US$209
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$366
US$270
US$234
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Handlery Union Square Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$227
US$215
US$187
  • Bar/Lounge
Stanford Court San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$194
US$515
US$432
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
4,037 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecoit towerfinancial districtbay viewunion squarechinatown and north beachtelegraph hillferry buildinghigh floorfisherman's wharfconvenient locationan upgradefew blocksupon checkvalet parkingmarket streetpublic transportation
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The Hilton Financial District exceeded my expectations. When traveling to San Francisco, I tend to stay at one of the many boutique hotels or the Hilton near Union Square. Even though I am a Diamond preferred Hilton guest, I have avoided this Hilton because it seemed too generic and tired. But the price of this Hilton was substantially cheaper, so I booked it. What a surprise! The customer service from the moment I dropped off some luggage on the way to a meeting to check-in many hours later to the friendliness of housekeeping staff - all first rate. My room was very large, an upgrade granted without even a request, with a very comfortable bed, expansive bathroom, and access to their nicely managed concierge level club. The free breakfast was generous and good.

But, the big revelation for me was that this location rocks! It's on the edge of Chinatown and within a couple of blocks on the Financial District and North Beach, home to some great Italian restaurants, and a couple of blocks from the cable cars. And, if you have a car, it's easy to get across the City (via Broadway). This Hilton will become my first choice when researching hotel options in San Francisco because of it's central location, proximity to great neighborhoods and food, and the friendly service. Don't let the initial exterior impression of a generic hotel fool you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors, so you can take in this beautiful city.
2  Thank Craigsworld
David I, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

WOW, another Perfect Score and coming from a Hilton Diamond, we know how difficult it can be to make such a positive impression with these top Hilton guests. Thank you for your wonderful review and comments of your recent visit to the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. I am so glad you took a chance and booked away from the Union Square area on this visit and experienced our 'neck of the woods' in San Francisco. The location does "rock" and we are pleased that you can see and experience a totally new area and level of service. We look forward to continue being your new favorite hotel in San Francisco!

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed here for a medical meeting April 24-28, 2012, actually my 4th Hilton in the last month (see separate reviews for Anaheim and Harbor Island, San Diego). This time may have hit the jackpot. Terra cotta sculptures in the lobby give you a right-at-home feel. Check-in took all of 2 minutes! When I requested for a late check-out, Eric at the front desk gave me up to 4 p.m. Without hesitation! Talk about value for money. And the restaurants--there's a steak house, Japanese sushi or bento box, Chinese dimsum or noodles, Vietnamese, bagels & hot choco, even a Subway--all within a block! I'd like to make special mention of Joy Hing noodle house. I was a bit under the weather and their chicken noodle soup (a small bowl can feed 2) and egg flower soup did wonders for recuperation! And shopping? Chinatown's a stone's throw away. Exit the hotel, turn left down Kearny then right at Post and in 10 minutes you are in Union square. In another review, I complained about another hotel's not-so-fragrant aromatherapy; if they had anywhere near Hilton's Peter Roth amenities then you would have gotten the perfect bath experience! And best of all? This is the only Hilton so far that has an executive lounge (26th floor) where you can have breakfast, 24-hour soda and coffee and Internet via iPad; that is if you are a Hilton HHonors member. Am leaving today and am already looking forward to my next stay here.

2  Thank drjohnled
David I, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Outstanding review and another Perfect Score! You are obviously one of Hilton's best guests, a Diamond member, and probably a tireless "road warrior", and you know what the Hilton experience is all about. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our facilities, location, and of course, Eric, at the desk. I think we have some of the best hotel employees in San Francisco, and thank you for recognizing one of them! I will share your feedback with the entire hotel. Again, thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times, and have had great experiences. The staff is always courteous and helpful, and the rooms were wonderful. This is also a great hotel if you want to be right next door to Chinatown.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Another Perfect Score! Thank you for the kind review of your recent visits to the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. It is wonderful to hear from our repeat guests validating everything we work for here. Thank you for acknowledging the service from the team, the facilities, and our great location. I look forward to having you back with us again very soon! Thank you!!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Have now stayed here several times.
Incredibly friendly and professional staff. Good Hotel. Great value.
Upper floors have wonderful views.
New Hilton Honors Lounge is a great place too.

Room Tip: upgrade to bay view, executive floors--worth it.
2  Thank Scott C

Thank you for the Perfect Score! Our repeat guests are validation that we are doing something "right" with our guest service. Having a repeat guest taking the time to comment positively on this internet forum is the best endorsement our hotel staff can attain. I will post this review for all the hard-working team members to read and be proud that we do indeed take very good care of all our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here many times over the years on business. Great location next to China Town with many shops and restaurants. Hotel restaurant is a good choice for breakfast and for a cheaper selection the mom and pop restaurant next door for breakfast ans lunch.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful concise review and endorsements of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. I was pleased to hear that you are a fan and we look forward to many more years of your visits. Again, thank you for the kind feedback!