Let me first say that as a Priority Club memeber of Holiday Inn I stayed only one night of my scheduled 7 here. The rooms have not been updated in quite some time it seems, although the beds and linens were comfortable and clean. The room itself was in need of some updated wallpaper, curtains, and carpet. It smelled old and musty, and the glass sliding doors to the balcony were about as old as the building itself. Instead of complimentary breakfast for platinum memebers, I was told the clients preferred free drinks instead. I asked to get free breakfast, but was not able to convert, even though this particular traveller made it clear that he does not drink alcohol and prefers breakfast. A final concession was made in one complimentary breakfast for the 7 day stay. I guess it was good that I only stayed one night; here's why. At about 2 am the trash man came to pick up the hotels garbage making enough noise to hurt my ears on the 14th floor. he then returned at 3am and 4am. Shortly after the last interruption to my attempt at sleeping there was an earthquake (not attributing that to the HI) and I decided that sleep was off the menu after that. When I went to the desk to ask for a room on the other side of the building the desk manager informed me that it was equally as noisy on the front side of the building. I opted to mive to the HIE at Fisherman's Wharf where I remained for my trip (see other review).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the 50onEighth Restaurant/Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $37 plus tax per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball team. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn