My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Carlton! The front desk staff is sooo wonderful. They let us borrow an umbrella when it was raining, they always had tea to offer and would look up anything if you had questions. My 3 complaints are that at $34 a day, parking is expensive, the lady running Saha (the restaurant in the hotel) is semi crazy and the walls are pretty thin.
Besides those 3 things we really did have a wonderful stay. You can literally walk a few short blocks to Union Square, they have a nightly wine reception and play live music.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Hotel Carlton offers an international ambiance paired with outstanding guest service. Built in 1927, this nine-story San Francisco hotel is 3 blocks from the California Street cable car line, 6 blocks from Union Square, 8 blocks from the main entrance to Chinatown and 9 blocks from Civic Center. Complimentary evening wine receptions are held in Hotel Carlton's lobby nightly and feature live music from local artists. In addition, Hotel Carlton provides complimentary wireless internet to all guests; upgraded bandwidth is also available (surcharge applies). Recently renovated, all 161 non-smoking guestrooms at Hotel Carlton feature remodeled bathrooms including decorative floor and wall tiling, new vanities and sinks. The public spaces showcase cross-cultural design that incorporates treasures from Africa, India, Nepal, Laos and Asia. Our restaurant Saha features award-winning Arabic Fusion cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Carlton San Francisco