All reviews resort fee fisherman's wharf pescatore restaurant tuscan inn great location free glass onsite restaurant free bikes trader joes each morning lounge area per night would definitely stay here again complimentary coffee walking distance the hotel offers lovely room
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Bent. Keep me waiting for 25 minutes while you sort out the problem with your system and there is nobody else checking in, treat me rudely, act like I did something wrong, don't apologize for the problems on your end, ask for my ID again after handing it back to me not by saying "May I see your ID again please" but just sticking your freaking hand in my face and blurting "ID!". Bent. By the time I was checked in to this place I was thoroughly bent. Pissed off. Angry. I don't think there was a please or thank you anywhere in my interaction with the desk staff...seriously consider another career because you do not understand the business you are in. Bent.

I booked through Hotel Tonight which I have used scores of times in SF as well as other places without an issue. When I arrived to check in the desk staff was not very warm at all which surprised me. I travel frequently for work as well as leisure and I would say among my probably upwards of 60 nights in a hotel this year I have not been treated so coldly...even in Prague. And there was a noticeable lack of "warmth" in that city which still remembers it's time under Soviet rule. Anyway, I gave my name and they could not find my reservation. I explained it was through Hotel Tonight and they asked "Well did you just book it?" No I booked it over 2 hours ago.

"Well they don't always send us email." The staff member continued checking, took my credit card and ID, gave it back, said I needed to wait, said they couldn't find my reservation, called someone for help, checked some more...in the meantime I called HT customer support and sat on hold with them for a bit...eventually got customer service and explained that I was having difficulty checking in. They easily found the reservation and said they had sent it to the hotel but would send it 2 more times.

In the meantime the desk clerk was receiving help from someone who seemed to be showing the clerk where to find the HT tonight reservations in the system (btw I had already showed him the booking on the app and my confirmation email). It seems the issue all along was possibly the staff not knowing where to access the HT info...

Never an "I'm sorry this is taking so long" or "I apologize for the inconvenience" just brusk treatment as if I was a pain to be sorted out so they could continue their evening doing other things.

As an operations guy I have to say this place has some serious work to do. Ultimately they may succeed anyway as they have a killer location but they are a far cry from the 4 star rating I gave the same location when it was The Tuscan a couple years ago. Get your people trained on your systems properly. If you use various booking agents make sure they understand them. You are in the hospitality industry...act like it. I am not here begging you for a room...you are a business I am patronizing...if you want me to return put forth a good product (see definition of hospitality if you need help here).

If you or your staff has a problem with HT bookings because they are not rack rate-stop putting them up on HT. A hotel room and the surrounding hospitality are a product that has a very tight shelf life...it expires every day. You put rooms up on HT because that brings you additional revenue and sells out more of your expiring product. Every guest deserves the same hospitable treatment regardless of how they booked the room.

End rant for now (I've been out for a very late dinner made later by the arduous check-in process as well as a drink).

A couple other points:
wifi works well +
good water pressure in the shower +
gave me a coupon for a free glass of rosé wine...I don’t really go for wine in general and especially not rosé...why not either bust out a glass of beer or wine of the guests choice? I handed it back.

More to follow as a wrap up to the experience in the morning...

(GM or whoever monitors your reviews at Hotel Zoe get on the training here...customer service blows with the two at the desk when I checked in PM me if you want names).

Morning update...Alarm in the room goes off at 5:15am. The alarm is a “cubie” which operates strictly with a single knob/button. So at 5:15 I am fully awake trying to sort out how to operate that thing. Awesome.

On to check out: I walk to desk and I’m greeted with “Checking out?”
“Yes.”
“Room number?”
“129 and can I get a receipt please?”
“It’s printing. Here.”
“Thank you.”
And as I walked out I realized the only please and thank you I heard was from myself to the staff...this is backwards. Proper manners is a gesture of respect to the other individual in the interaction...and the only manners and respect was going from me not to me...the paying customer of a hotel providing “hospitality”.

Still bent. 2 Stars for location and the room did not suck. No stars for the staff.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim W
ncarls0n, General Manager at Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Hey Traveler,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us, it's very important for us to hear from our guests; good, bad, or ugly! We want to always learn where we can provide better service or amenities. I am incredibly disappointed to read about the poor service that you experienced while you were with us, this type of feedback is rare for us to hear so it's alarming. Please know that all feedback is used as training opportunity for our employees, and this review will be no different. If you ever decide to try us again please reach out to me directly so that I can be certain everything is at the 5 star level we expect.

Warm Regards,
ncarlson@noblehousehotels.com

Reviewed 13 July 2018

We decided last minute to travel to San Francisco for one night. The hotel is in a great location and we walked every place we wanted to go.
The rooms are small but very clean an comfortable. Front desk very helpful and nice.
I will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Cristina C
ncarls0n, General Manager at Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hey Traveler,

Thank you for the great 5 star review! Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Having stayed in San Francisco several times, and this time we were going for an extended stay thanks to anniversary and San Francisco opera,
the wife wanted a different location. After a few suggestions from a few friends and family, we went with Hotel Zoe.
I can tell you we were so glad we did!

Check in was easy and valet was attentive to getting our stuff safely upstairs. Once we got settled in we found the restaurant Pescatore
with good food. It was great that the hotel gave us extra vouchers for wine.

Zoe also has a bar and a nice area of couches and fireplace to wind down at the end of a day.
You could almost just spend all your time at the hotel except for one small problem:
you are in the Fisherman’s Wharf area of the great international city of San Francisco!

Speaking of things to do, you'll find, no shortage of places to eat and drink in the Pier 39 area.
Easy walking to Pier 39. You can keep going all the way to Pier 3, lots of things to see along the way. And Pier 39 you can
of course get to the Sausalito Ferry and have more fun over.

If you get tired of walking and need transit, you can get to a cable car terminal and off to China Town or Union Square with ease.
If you do not want the touristy cable car, you have great access to public transportation from the hotel.

Back to the hotel, Justin was the first person to greet us upon arrival at check in and he did so with a great smile
and engaging personality. He asked us why we were there and once he found out there was an anniversary,
we found an nice bottle of wine and treats with a card the day of our anniversary. How nice can you get?

Forget something or need more supplies during a long stay? No problem, there is a Trader Joe's and a Safeway nearby.

We got the Superior King room, it was comfortable and we did like having a couch, especially so the wife
can get ready. The Suite would have been better of course, maybe next time. Overall, this is a great
hotel and we will stay here next time. As our family and friends told us before we arrived, "you'll love it",
and I think you will too. Good luck!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarshallN20

Hey Traveler!

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review! It sounds like the service, the food, the location, and the guest room all lived up to your expectations- we love to read that! Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Spent 3 nights at this hotel. Great location, 2 min walk to Fisherman’s Wharf. Modem interior warm and welcoming. Nice rooms only down side is that the air conditioning is so noisy, the control panel is not user friendly, you are either cold or hot.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Hey Traveler,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! It sounds like our location was perfect for your travel needs.Thank you for the note on the control panel we are addressing those challenges and have a resolution that will be implemented. We hope to see you back again in the future!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

A warm friendly welcome and ideal for our San Francisco visit.
Great concierge who recommended fabulous local Italian Restaurant- big plus as various eateries around and we had a disappointing lunch on the strip.
Not far from Boudins famous bakery - another plus for this area.
Near to the stop for the Big Bus Tour and of course the Bridge to Bridge tour by boat - both good ways to see this area of San Francisco.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank MandLKent

Hey Traveler,

Thank you for the review! It's great that you enjoyed our location and that you were really able to see the city! The boat tours are me favorite getting to see the San Francisco sky line from the water is something else! Please come back and see us again soon.