Lowest prices for your stay
US$104
SAVE US$41
HurbUS$105
Hotels.comUS$104
Agoda.comUS$81
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2019

We had a great room. It was very roomy, nice, neat and clean. Nice furniture.
It is on a busy street, so there is a lot of street noise. It finally quieted down around midnight, but start up again about 6am. There is a small parking lot in back of the hotel, but no Valet. There is no stopping in front of the hotel-- it is a SF bike lane--there is a loading zone on Turk Street around the corner. There is no bell service and no luggage carts.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank Don H
Reviewed 20 May 2019

I stayed here for 3 nights. Hotel is clean however very old and could do with alot of updating although I found hotels of the same standard to be very similar.
I booked this hotel because it was not a bad price for being in the city. However you should know it is on the corner of Polk and Turk Street. Turk Street is filled with homeless. Actually saw someone shooting up drugs on this street. Had a very uneasy walk back to the hotel down Turk Street not realising it was such a bad area. So then got Ubers back to the hotel. The gentleman running the hotel was very accommodating and friendly and would get me hot water for my tea as there is no tea/coffee facilities in the room. Which does also seem standard for American hotels. There is a great bar attached to the hotel on the Turk Street corner. That is worth a visit although pretty pricy and not a huge food menu if you want something to eat.

Room tip: There aren't any nice views. I'd just ask for a quiet room.
Date of stay: April 2019
2  Thank WheresTheBear
Reviewed 24 March 2019

The hotel is a-OK. That said, service is a nightmare, especially at reception. At check-in, I was told that they accepted CC only, but I wanted to pay in cash. After 10 min arguing, they accepted cash and interestingly took a cash bag from below the counter. During my stay, small things were taken from the room, like coins and gifts I got from an event. I got VERY careful with my belongings. The hotel first 3 floors are part of a community housing program, this is not clear anywhere - therefore safety is zero at the property. To crown this awful experience, they wanted to charge extra when I left, although there were no proof and that at check-in I was said I paid in full. This time, the lady clerk was aggressive, xenophobic ("no one travels to san francisco without credit cards") and I felt harassed. Interesting enough, as I kept calm and asked her if we needed to call the authorities to solve that, she told me to leave, but refused to give me my invoice (although again, I had paid almost 1600 USD at check in). What a trashy, shady, dangerous place. Will never set foot there again, and I strongly recommend that so do you.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2019

Before I start let me explain that this hotel is situated in the heart of Tenderloin which is an area of lower income and lower priced properties. On the street there is a lot of deprivation and homelessness which leaves you a little uneasy. There is a lot of drug going on here. Although nothing happened on our first walk myself and wife did not feel really comfortable after dark here and from there on ever night took a cab back so you should factor in about $15 from the centre of SAN Fran that does not have these issues. The rest of SAN Fran is fine it is only this district and I would not have booked if I had done a little more research. Hindsight is great and after the event research showed the area does have a higher crime rate too. Be aware. This is the only place the wife has taken off her Jewellery and believe me when I say we have travelled.

Now to the hotel...Art Deco styled hotel with feature and furniture. Nice size rooms, large queen size bed for two. Tv with most USA channels but nothing else. No fridge, no in room safe( you can get something from reception but we hid cash in socks etc. Shower bath combined. Large walk in wardrobe in our room which was very nice. Hairdryer in bathroom, iron and ironing board. No air con and heating is hotel timed so it’s quite nippy in March at night and then at 7 AM you then hear the heating pipes banging away as it starts up. Shower Gel and shampoo supplied by on wall dispenser.

This hotel is really basic and there is no restaurant for b&b options and no bar for a nightcap so if you are after that it is not for you.

Decorating wise I think our room could also do with a face lift. Tiling in bathroom looks old and grout dirty and a few tiles look like they are soon to fall out to the room below must suffer.

Room cost abou $100 pn. On reflection I would pay more elsewhere and this is a budget option

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank Crossman66
Reviewed 1 November 2018

The room we were allocated on arrival was very smelly (urine) and we requested to be moved, the second room was basic and did have a slight odour of urine however we left the window open all the time which eliminated the smell for a short time.

We were not impressed with the area, it was notorious for homeless day and night and drugs. We would not recommend venturing out after it's dark.

The hotel has basic cleanliness and the staff are helpful eventually but don't give the impression they want to help (lots of rolling eyes and asking questions they think you should know although no-one told you and make you feel silly), there is not a restaurant or bar as indicated on their web page.

Overall we enjoyed our time in San Francisco but would go a block or two away from this hotel, the area is still within walking distance to local amenities and attractions.

Date of stay: October 2018