Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
Priceline
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
US$258
SAVE US$29
Hotels.comUS$258
eDreamsUS$287
Agoda.comUS$287
All reviews haight ashbury golden gate park cole valley wine and cheese full kitchen the san francisco area clean bathroom directly across the street boutique hotel free breakfast small hotel street noise few blocks around the corner definitely stay here again neighborhood panhandle
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2020

The staff are friendly and very helpful. The room was adequate and the mattress comfortable. Wish the water for bathing was hotter. The deodorant for cleaning has a strong over-powering smell. The continental breakfasts are tasty. Quality and taste of their coffee could use improvement. In general this a nice place to stay.

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs. Be aware that street cleaning day is Wednesday. Do not park on the street.
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank FullTiltTraveler
Bill E, General Manager at Stanyan Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Thank you for your most recent visit to our hotel and to the iconic area of the Haight Street & Golden Gate Park area of San Francisco. I do hope your time in San Francisco was just as enjoyable too. The hotel team is always on-site to assist, as you noted. And although some new staff are now on-board, I will insure to enhance their concierge knowledge in the weeks to come. I do hope you can inform your colleagues of our location, services, value of the hotel stay and staff. Lastly, if ever back in San Francisco be sure to check out our best HOT rate directly with our hotel.

I hope this visit was a great 'kick off' for you to enjoy your future travels too,

Reviewed 13 December 2019

The hotel was unique. Rooms are outdated, but clean. Breakfast was great and Staff was very helpful. There are a lot of places within walking distance. There is some street noise from cars, but it was not too bad.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Tigers336

Reviewed 8 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this place as friends recommended the Haight/Ashbury area of SF. This was the only hotel we could find about 4 weeks out from our stay. Some reviews are critical of the place but after 4 weeks of touring Washington, New York and New Orleans this was one of the best places we have stayed. A very generous room size with a big half circle window overlooking the Golden Gate Park, two heaters that made it nice a toasty after a couple of cold days and a very generous breakfast, afternoon tea and wine cheese and savoury biscuits in the afternoon. Very well redecorated to match the older period of the hotel. We loved it.

All very close to all public transport options, including big bus tour stop around the corner, and any imaginable restaurant in Haight Street, even vegan options at Vegan Burg.

So close to Golden Gate Park, the Presidio Park, the Panhandle Park and everything. A push bike shop right next door to hire bikes for all your desires and just up from that a Yoga studio and just up the block in the other direction a laundromat. We loved this place.

Well done Stanyan Park Hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank yodday

Reviewed 7 November 2019

On a recent (all too short) visit to San Francisco, we stayed at the fabulous Stanyan Park Hotel. What a gem! The hotel is utterly delightful. We were in one of the two corner cupola rooms and had plenty of space. The staff are friendly and helpful (even to supercilious guests - I saw one or two that made me cringe), the afternoon tea and early evening wine & cheese are a charming bonus, and the location is outstanding. The hotel is just a short walk to a bus stop - hop on the No 7 to get downtown via Haight and Market Street. It's also very close to an excellent organic grocery store (not normally my kind of thing, but when in Rome …) and for music nuts, a ginormous CD and record store (conscious of getting purchases back to NZ, I was severely tested). There are some tasty cafe and restaurant options on Haight Street and even better ones in nearby Cole Valley - well worth the short walk. And just across the road is the Golden Gate Park, a great place for a sunny stroll. So much to love, nothing to hate. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: October 2019
3  Thank gregwgtnz

Reviewed 4 November 2019 via mobile

Very quaint hotel. I've stayed twice so far and found the rooms to be very clean and the staff very enjoyable to deal with. Their complimentary breakfast is not extensive, but very good nonetheless. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: November 2019