3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$177
Hotels.comUS$177
travelup.comUS$189
3,446 results
All reviews floor to ceiling windows moscone center luce restaurant the club lounge union square corner room market street modern hotel higher floor an upgrade junior suite two blocks around the corner homeless people concierge city ihg
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2020

Hi, this was my first time at the intercontinental hotel in San Francisco. I usually stay at the ritz Carlton in San Francisco, so I thought why not give this hotel a chance? First impressions were nice, but the staff needs to be more honest with their customers. I initially booked a junior suite room, when I arrived they told me it would take an hour to clean so they offered a ‘better’ room that had larger beds and a supposedly larger room area. I asked “are the rooms larger?” Answer: “yes” I then asked “is this an upgrade from junior suite” answer: yes. All in all they gave me a deluxe room which was a smaller room. I paid 60 dollars extra for a larger room and this is how you treat me. I’m going to stay with the ritz Carlton for now as they have an honest and efficient staff unlike this dump.

Date of stay: June 2020
2  Thank lanceynguyen
IHG Service, Other at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2020

Hello lanceynguyen,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I want us to be your hotel choice in the area, and I am sorry to learn about the issues with room allocation and the level of service received. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I trust that the actions that will be taken will avoid similar issues from happening again. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 July 2020

The staff at the hotel are very nice! We had a lovely room too. The hotel is trying to be Covid-aware, but we would have really appreciated some sort of room food-service. Unfortunately, the restaurants near the hotel are not very accommodating re food delivery. That is not the hotel's fault of course. At least, the hotel offers a "grab and go" breakfast, which was much appreciated.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank goldlie
Raymond Vermolen, General Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2020

Dear goldlie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us; we certainly appreciate your understanding regarding certain limitations due to the restrictions mandated by the city and state under these circumstances. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Until then, take care and remain safe.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2020

This is a decent hotel. The location is excellent. The reception and concierge are quite helpful, the breakfast is ok (although options are pretty limited). The rooms are clean, with a good view. However the rooms do look tired, like the fixtures have sustained wear and tear (especially in the bathroom).

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank qutrip
Voyager01920817173, General Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We appreciate the feedback and your patronage. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2020

Hotel was comfortable and quiet.Staff was friendly and nice. Rooms were as expected from Intercon anywhere in the world.

Parking was slightly inconvenient, but that's the case anywhere in SF so go ahead without any doubt.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Rss1984
Voyager01920817173, General Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear Rss1984,

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights.. the hotel is centrally located & just a few mins walk from lots of stores & shops.. room was very clean .. great views of the city from the room also! Check out my photo taken from the lift lobby

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank krishcold
Voyager01920817173, General Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear krishcold,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the hotel's location. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.