Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$71
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$71
Expedia.comUS$71
TravelocityUS$71
Orbitz.comUS$71
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2019 via mobile

This hotel was the only affordable option but we stayed here and the room was dirty, pillow had hairs, the shower was horrible with no pressure and was hard to adjust it’s temperature was always too cold or too hot. The bathroom courtins had fungus. The room is really noisy at night you hear all what’s going on outside and also you hear the noises from the other rooms. There is no elevator so it was hard to carry our things upstairs considering we had a stroller. Only positive thing was the location, it’s close to touristic area. I recommend if you are already there to eat breakfast at “El Cafetazo” it’s cheap and great portions.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

Hotel Sunrise is definitely on the cheaper side. The rooms are a bit outdated looking but it gets the job done. The area itself may be sketchy looking at first but I promise you it’s a really amazing mix. What do I mean by this? The area is definitely being gentrified to fit middle class people with the various coffee shops, yoga studios, and hip restaurants/bars. I don’t like using the word “gentrified” because it’s a negative word nowadays but as a tourist this was an amazing spot to me! The hotel is steps away from great restaurants with different price ranges. The neighborhood is sooo diverse! Not too posh yet, but not too gritty. There’s a pick up spot right in front of the hotel where share rides can pick you up. I noticed uber is the cheapest company to ride with and to get to touristy areas like Lombard St, the average cost was around $6-$12. The staff are really sweet and the I felt pretty secure staying there. The door for the hotel requires to be buzzed in at night so no one is just wandering in from the street at night. In the day, sometimes the door is opened which is nice for going in and out. Would definitely stay again if I find myself in SF.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Latenightknittingclb
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Is it glamorous , no. Is it clean and comfortable, yes. The location is great and the price can't be beat in San Fransisco. The staff was very nice , and very helpful. The neighborhood can get a little sketch at night but that is San Fransisco these days no matter how you look at it, unless you are willing to pay through the nose. The room is small with a private bathroom and shower. I was on the 3rd floor so was a little stuffy, but the gentleman at the front desk gave me a fan and everything was fine. There is also a mini fridge and microwave, a coffee pot and sink. There is no elevator but the stairs are wide and a easy climb. I didn't find it as noisy as people have pointed out, and I stayed on one of the busiest weekends in the city.
It is a block away from the subway station and there is plenty of good restaurants markets and bogegas around. I will definitely stay agin next time I'm in the city. I almost didn't want to give a good review because I think its a good secret in the city for the price.
i don't think I would recommend it for families but for single and couples , Its a safe place to sleep and store your stuff while exploring the city, without spending a ton of money.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rambler1968
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

this place is in a great location and has potential. it's filthy! thank goodness it was only one night. I was tempted to go somewhere and buy a swiffer kit and clean the room myself.

if it were clean, it would've been great.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Booked this hotel for the night as we got in late to San Francisco and wouldn't be meeting friends until next day. Quickly realized not in the best of locations. Dirty area,lots of homeless roaming around. Room was basic, out of date. didn't feel safe with the old lock on door as "hotel residents" roamed the halls. But it was just for the night and we survived..lol

Date of stay: August 2018