Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 03/07/21
Priceline
Free cancellation until 03/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$70
Hotels.comUS$71
Expedia.comUS$71
TravelocityUS$71
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

Hotel Sunrise is definitely on the cheaper side. The rooms are a bit outdated looking but it gets the job done. The area itself may be sketchy looking at first but I promise you it’s a really amazing mix. What do I mean by this? The area is definitely being gentrified to fit middle class people with the various coffee shops, yoga studios, and hip restaurants/bars. I don’t like using the word “gentrified” because it’s a negative word nowadays but as a tourist this was an amazing spot to me! The hotel is steps away from great restaurants with different price ranges. The neighborhood is sooo diverse! Not too posh yet, but not too gritty. There’s a pick up spot right in front of the hotel where share rides can pick you up. I noticed uber is the cheapest company to ride with and to get to touristy areas like Lombard St, the average cost was around $6-$12. The staff are really sweet and the I felt pretty secure staying there. The door for the hotel requires to be buzzed in at night so no one is just wandering in from the street at night. In the day, sometimes the door is opened which is nice for going in and out. Would definitely stay again if I find myself in SF.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Latenightknittingclb
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Is it glamorous , no. Is it clean and comfortable, yes. The location is great and the price can't be beat in San Fransisco. The staff was very nice , and very helpful. The neighborhood can get a little sketch at night but that is San Fransisco these days no matter how you look at it, unless you are willing to pay through the nose. The room is small with a private bathroom and shower. I was on the 3rd floor so was a little stuffy, but the gentleman at the front desk gave me a fan and everything was fine. There is also a mini fridge and microwave, a coffee pot and sink. There is no elevator but the stairs are wide and a easy climb. I didn't find it as noisy as people have pointed out, and I stayed on one of the busiest weekends in the city.
It is a block away from the subway station and there is plenty of good restaurants markets and bogegas around. I will definitely stay agin next time I'm in the city. I almost didn't want to give a good review because I think its a good secret in the city for the price.
i don't think I would recommend it for families but for single and couples , Its a safe place to sleep and store your stuff while exploring the city, without spending a ton of money.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rambler1968
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

this place is in a great location and has potential. it's filthy! thank goodness it was only one night. I was tempted to go somewhere and buy a swiffer kit and clean the room myself.

if it were clean, it would've been great.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Booked this hotel for the night as we got in late to San Francisco and wouldn't be meeting friends until next day. Quickly realized not in the best of locations. Dirty area,lots of homeless roaming around. Room was basic, out of date. didn't feel safe with the old lock on door as "hotel residents" roamed the halls. But it was just for the night and we survived..lol

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Room itself was basic and had ensuite shower room, bed made everyday and clean towels provided, bed itself was comfortable.
unfortunately location was noisy and didn’t get much sleep, it was quieter in the day then at night, lots of transients In the area, who became very vocal at night, fighting and arguments.
Lots of steep stairs so not good for anyone with infirmity,
The staff were helpful, with information and when my shuttle didn’t turn up to get me the airport, they went out of their way to help.

Date of stay: May 2018