“Speechless !, Delicious Perfection”
Review of Coi

Coi
Reserve with OpenTable
Coi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #752 of 6,300 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Between Montgomery and Sansome
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Speechless !, Delicious Perfection
Wonderful creative talent will not disappoint at this special occasion San Francisco locals delight!.
Been coming here x years and always offers a new spin on the culinary arts.
Always look forward to new surprises for all my senses. Don't go in a hurry, go to enjoy FOOD and the ART OF FOOD!. The service is great as is the ambiance!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We went out for a couple's night to the City. Having eaten at Dinner at Heston's and Muguritz we were looking forward to eating to Coi. Unfortunately the food was not even close to matching any of the previous Michelin star restaurants mentioned and the only saving grace was the service which was very good. Starting with a very pretentious wine list to really average tasting food we were terribly disappointed with the food. The food was also way over priced for what they were serving. I wold recommend this place for people who don't know or care much about what they are eating and have $1000 burning a hole in their pocket.

1  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Without a doubt, Coi is the most creative restaurant we've been to in years!! Every course was a work of art, both in blend of flavors, taste, and presentation. Reminded me of my first visit to Charlie Trotter's in Chicago area. Service was elegant, friendly & efficient. Dark, classy, minimalist decor. Definitely a place to go for a special occasion or a quiet, intimate meal. Can't say enough good things about Coi. If you go, you will have a truly fine dining experience!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

having enjoyed dinner some years ago at l2o in chicago we were eager to go to coi with its new chef who was in chicago back then. the food was exceptional and the service very good and knowledgable. highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I had booked COI on 12 May for 2 and reservations was taken by Dan.
Within 10 mins, I called again and changed to the next day for 4 persons. Reservations was taken by a lady and she did mention that it will be on the waitlist. I said I'm fine to be on the waitlist and appreciate if they can email me if we get the seats.
The lady taking the reservations asked if I would still like to keep my reservations for 2 on 12 May and I told her no, it does not serve any purpose for us to visit the restaurant twice . I asked if there's any charges for the holding for the seats since I have shifted my reservations to the next day and she said no !

In the evening, I called again to check if our reservations was confirmed and the guy (I think it's Brian, I may be wrong), told me we are still on waitlist but it's the first waitlist on the list.

On 13 May morning , around 11:30am, I called to cancel our waitlist as we have found another restaurant. Call was taken by Dan and he was not happy and even said that I was still holding to last night reservations and did not cancel it!
I told him exactly what I have told the other lady who picked up the call and he said he's besides her and he did not hear anything .
I was wondering if you can hear what's our conversation as in my reply from the other end of the line ? I asked him to check track the conversation with the recordings because this is not the first time we had fine dining ! We had done reservations for fine food around the world and we honor each reservation by attempting to follow up even if we can't visit the restaurant.

My say for this restaurant, COI, if you want to be a good fine dining , not only u need to do well on food, please do something on your services .
We patrons are pampered . We don't mind to pay to eat but we do mind to get slacken and disrespectful services from you.

So NO , until your services ratings improve, we will feel wasted to spend even a dime at COI.

1  Thank 2cassandrat