“Not impressed starting from reservations ”
Review of Coi

Coi
Reserve with OpenTable
Coi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #994 of 5,855 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Between Montgomery and Sansome
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I had booked COI on 12 May for 2 and reservations was taken by Dan.
Within 10 mins, I called again and changed to the next day for 4 persons. Reservations was taken by a lady and she did mention that it will be on the waitlist. I said I'm fine to be on the waitlist and appreciate if they can email me if we get the seats.
The lady taking the reservations asked if I would still like to keep my reservations for 2 on 12 May and I told her no, it does not serve any purpose for us to visit the restaurant twice . I asked if there's any charges for the holding for the seats since I have shifted my reservations to the next day and she said no !

In the evening, I called again to check if our reservations was confirmed and the guy (I think it's Brian, I may be wrong), told me we are still on waitlist but it's the first waitlist on the list.

On 13 May morning , around 11:30am, I called to cancel our waitlist as we have found another restaurant. Call was taken by Dan and he was not happy and even said that I was still holding to last night reservations and did not cancel it!
I told him exactly what I have told the other lady who picked up the call and he said he's besides her and he did not hear anything .
I was wondering if you can hear what's our conversation as in my reply from the other end of the line ? I asked him to check track the conversation with the recordings because this is not the first time we had fine dining ! We had done reservations for fine food around the world and we honor each reservation by attempting to follow up even if we can't visit the restaurant.

My say for this restaurant, COI, if you want to be a good fine dining , not only u need to do well on food, please do something on your services .
We patrons are pampered . We don't mind to pay to eat but we do mind to get slacken and disrespectful services from you.

So NO , until your services ratings improve, we will feel wasted to spend even a dime at COI.

1  Thank 2cassandrat

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I have the Coi cookbook and hope to go back to Coi some day, what a delicious, haute cuisine
experience. Superb.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We ate at Coi several years ago and had a spectacular meal. I think this past visit was even more wonderful. The food was fabulous, the wine pairing was excellent, and the service was impeccable. We will be back the next time we are in San Francisco!

1  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We had read the SF Chronicle review just prior to visiting, and our experience with the service was slightly better than they portrayed. We ate in the backroom, so it was quite a performance. The food is art, but the wine pairings were ordinary.

All told, it was an experience to remember. And a bill to go with it.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Easily the finest meal I have ever had and I'm not a seafood first guy. Professional friendly service that wasn't too stuffy, great wine recommendation. Amazing playfulness and precision in the dishes. Left feeling full and satisfied.

1  Thank KendoYYJ