Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
US$136
TripadvisorUS$136
Agoda.comUS$136
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2015

As others travelers have mentioned, this place is a real dump. It is also located in a relatively unsafe neighborhood. Around the corner you will find homeless camped out on the sidewalk at night. Because of that you may smell urine while walking the area. During the day there are soup kitchens down the street and around the corner at a church. There is a police substation located a block away around the corner but I didn’t see any police presence on the streets.

When you check in the receptionist will ask if you want to inspect the rooms before checking in. I think they do that because of the bad reviews everywhere so you know what you are getting into if you decide to stay there. I checked out the room, checked the bed and mattress for critters and found none so I decided to stay. There is an old elevator and supposedly they don’t run it after midnight. My room was simple, bed, dresser drawers but no tv, a/c or fan. Beware, I paid extra for a room with a private bathroom but my bathroom had a toilet and tub but no shower. They said that I could use the shared bathroom down the hallway but I just took a tub bath.

After checking out the view I closed and locked my window and drew my curtains because there was a fire stairway next to it and I didn’t want anyone looking or coming into my room. There is a “guard” at the entrance of the hotel at all times. When you leave the hotel, whether night or day you have to drop off your room key with the guard. I think they do this to prevent duplication of keys. The guard was nice enough to let me use the elevator even though it was after midnight. My stay was uneventful and I would consider staying there if I can’t find anything better. Beware as check out is at 10 am.

I gave this place a poor rating (instead of terrible) because I didn't encounter any problems or difficulty that others received.

As other posters have mentioned, the hotel staff can be a little “sensitive” so try not to get into any situations with them.

I wouldn’t recommend this place for families, nor couples or single females. If you are on a budget and not selective then this place is sufficient, one half step above hostels (you get your own room) but with little amenities. Unfortunately hotels in San Francisco are expensive so be aware that more acceptable hotels will probably cost over $100 a night. Just remember that you get what you pay for (I paid $65 a night) so try to have low expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Room tip: Be aware of your surroundings when walking the neighborhood
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a last minute hotel on our drive from pacific route 1. This hotel came across on booking.com so I called them to find out if there are rooms still available for same night with a bathroom. The man who picked up the phone gave me a massive attitude saying "can't you read what it says on booking?" After I hung up the phone, we still decided to book it and give it a try since we only needed a place for 8 hours before our flight back. As we approached the neighborhood there were homeless people and drug addicts everywhere, as we entered the hotel the check in counter was covered by a bullet proof glass. That same man who was rude to me on the phone was checking us in, and he told me " I don't see your reservation" . I told him I made a reservation an hour ago and gave him my phone. I don't remember what he said to me but it was really out of line and unprofessional so I told him " you cannot disrespect women like that". After that he started yelling at me saying I have an attitude and he's refusing service to us. My boyfriend tried to come down the situation but that vulgar man cursed my bf out and chased us out of the hotel running outside after us yelling "come back I'll stab you". I have been around the world , and I have never seen such a disrespectful man. He was brought up to disrespect women. I would never suggest this hotel to anyone , and especially if you are traveling with a female.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank komissarova88
Reviewed 9 October 2015

I spent 3 nights at this hotel (from 21 Sep to 24 Sep 2015). So terrible. There were lots of bedbugs that bit my husband and me on our backs, arms and legs. We can not sleep well all nights. The room is so dirty with bad smell. Never stay in this hotel again.

Room tip: terrible bedroom, bad smell
Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank TUYEN N
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I give this place 0 stars if that was an option!
My partner and I were booked in for 8 nights in the hotel and jumped at the price because SF is a very expensive city to visit. It was close enough to the train station to walk there with our bags, that was the only good thing. We walked through the Tenderloin area where the hotel is situated and would suggest to anyone traveling to avoid the area, not just the hotel, at all costs. We were approached and asked whether we'd like to 'score' four times before setting foot on the same block as the hotel. There are homeless everywhere, it smells of urine and feels very unsafe for two young-adult travelers (glad we don't have children). We got the hotel and were asked to leave our bags in the lobby and 'inspect the room' before our stay, red flag number one. My partner stayed with the bags and I climbed the stair to the room. There is no elevators so getting our bags up would've been a nightmare. It was a room on the 3rd floor and we'd booked an ensuite. By this, they mean a bathtub and a fallen apart sink. The room was mouldy, the window was broken, walls had large paint chips and cracks and loads of stains (red flag number two). There were shady looking people constantly walking through. The is a rule also that each morning you must return your key to the reception when you go out, red flag number three. We wanted a shower and that's why we paid extra for an ensuite. This was a deal breaker but we still agreed to stay because we'd lose our deposit and SF is very expensive (although we didn't want to). My partner told the woman at reception (protected behind a bullet proof screen mind you, red flag number four) we were disappointed there was no shower and they should advertise this. She replied that there are photos online and maybe we should use our eyes, threw a hissy fit and kicked us out! Luckily we didn't lose our deposit but this meant we had to cut our SF trip short as finding last minute accommodation was hugely expensive so it was easier to make arrangements in another city. I realised after I'd calmed down that this place is actually a halfway house dressed as a hotel to make a few extra bucks. I've asked for this place to be delisted from every site you can book it through because of this. I ignored the reviews and it ruined our SF trip, don't make the same mistake.

Room tip: Don't go at all, please!!!!!
Date of stay: August 2015
3  Thank Caoilfionn M
Reviewed 2 July 2015

I would like to say first off that my review is based off of what expectations I had for the hotel & the value for money it represents. I booked a room here for gay pride weekend & only paid $75/night, this is compared to other hotels in the area which were more than $300/night. Normally I would have been a bit miffed at the price point, but considering it is in San Francisco & during pride weekend I thought that I got a bargain. Upon arrival I was greeted by the lady who runs the place and a couple staff members, she told me I should check the room & facilities so that everyone was in agreement before any papers were signed.

So along the theme of reasonable expectations, the hotel is very old, the bathroom/shower arrangement reflect the age of the hotel. The decor is dated as well. That being said our room was very clean as were the toilet / shower rooms.

During our stay the staff was very friendly & recognized us right away to let us back in the hotel...as other people have commented this hotel is in the Tenderloin district, with all of the limitations that come with it.

Would I stay here again if I came back to SFO? If I were able to get same value of price vs other places during that time period, then absolutely yes.

Date of stay: June 2015