“Top of the Mark”

Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: California & Mason Streets
Transit: Powell Street Cable Car; California Street Cable Car
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Five day vacation to San Francisco and we stayed at the Mark Hopkins, Good decision. The hotel shuttle recommended great restaurants and took us there; they do not pickup. There is a club on top floor, 23rd floor called Top of the Mark. Great view and drinks and a band and dance floor at night. Free to Hotel guests. Went there every evening for a final view of the City.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We had a 3 night stay here at the end of July. We had an absolutely amazing time. The staff were lovely, Jessie on Reception was very friendly. The room was spotless and cleaned everyday. Room service was efficient and delicious. Top of the mark was incredible with breathtaking views. I have to give 5 stars to this hotel as I really couldn't fault a thing. We all felt like royalty staying here, would definitely return.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Amazing service.
The 1 bed room suit has a lot of space and old feel to the room. The bathroom is upgraded and has top amenities.
The city view from this room is splendid. You can see the Bay Bridge from your room window on a no fog day.

I will highly recommend this property.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed there one night and the room was pretty standard... I should say it's 3 star hotel room. I won't recommend it to the young people.. it's like the senior home.

The room smells bad and it feel like it's haunted. They need some renovation... I know it's a beautiful heritage building but i felt like the rooms are haunted and so dark.

The staff overall...the service was kind of Ok... just like holiday inn. Beside the building and location I would give 3 star.
Take one diamond from your lobby.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Terrible service and terrible food. We waited over an hour for our food, which was not at all worth the price. Awful experience - so disappointed.