“Enjoying Salvadorian food”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The place is not big but obviously well known not only by locals. Fresh and tasty food, very nice and helpful staff. Note -no alcohol served

Thank Wanda W. W

Reviewed 5 May 2017

The place is nice with a good selection of options. The quantity of food is quite good, but the overall quality was just average. They also have some gluten free options.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We were on foot, hungry, looking for a restaurant open on a Monday. This place rocked! The two of us shared a garlic and mushroom shrimp dish along with two pupusas subs were very satisfied. The server was very nice although as others have noted, the service was on the slow side (relevant if you are in a rush, and we were not).

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I'm Salvadorean and wouldn't recommend another place to eat this traditional dish. It's right out from the 24th BART Station. Just delicious!

Reviewed 1 July 2016

My teenage daughter and I were in San Francisco for 4 days and nights. The lineups were long at the trendier, highly-rated restaurants on TripAdvisor. We spotted this place just passing by on the street. I had read that the Mission was known for great food from hispanic & Latin American cultures besides just Mexico. This place has a Salvadoran connection, according to the menu and our server. We were seated immediately, no lineup or waiting. The restaurant was busy but not full to capacity. The staff all appeared to be of hispanic or latin american heritage, and the clientele appeared largely the same as well, with a smattering of non-latino tourists. I ordered the Salvadoran style steak on our server's recommendation. My daughter is vegetarian, and they made her a vegetarian burrito that wasn't on the menu, on special request. The food was totally delicious! My daughter and I both agreed the high point was the flour tortilla for her burrito. Had to be hand made on the spot and very fresh. That tortilla, compared to every other tortilla I've had, was like the difference between a 'French' baguette from a North American grocery, versus a fresh one from a boulangerie in Paris. Exceptional. Basic, authentic, traditional, delicious, well-priced food. The only caveat: CASH ONLY.