“Very delicious sea food”
Review of Swamp

Swamp
Ranked #2,354 of 6,266 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Swamp serves Asian-inspired Cajun seafood for the West Coast. Our specialties include fresh oysters and cherry stone clams on the half shell, grilled alligator sausage, hush puppies, fresh Dungeness crab and Maine lobster, seafood gumbo, crawfish or shrimp boil with a variety of flavors to choose from (garlic butter, lemon pepper, and house special Hurricane Sauce), and our famous garlic noodles. As part of the PPQ family enterprise, we wanted to bring the tradition of an authentic Cajun-style seafood boil to the West Coast and give it our own twist. Parts of our family reside in Slidell, Louisiana and we've always enjoyed the abundant crawfish and alligator meat from the area. Our family business has been a fixture in San Francisco for over 15 years, and were excited to bring some real flavor to the Bay Area!
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

I totally can recommend this restaurant. The sea food is great. It's sort of Asian-fusion food, run by Chinese. So be prepared to shell you shrimps. The sauce Hurrican Cajun is delicious, especially when you pour some over the garlic noodles. It'd definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

I have eaten here several times, but this last time was the best! The food was delicious and the service was amazing. I will definitely think of the Swamp as my go to place when I'm in the mood for Cajun food or spice.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Great place to make a stop while hiking San Francisco hills. Loved the oysters and calm chowder. Not too much Cajun. We didn't try their boils but the boil dishes looked great on other tables.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

My mom & I went here twice on our 5 day trip to San Francisco. We really enjoyed our meals. The dinner for two was amazing and portion sizes were very generous. We were full to the brim when our waiter reminded us our dinner came with dessert. Beignets made from scratch !! We had to go back to try the crawfish stuffed beignets. Dipped in clam chowder this was my favourite meal! Also if you love fresh oysters check them out during happy hour, they are $1.25 per oyster & so good. Thanks Swamp for the awesome dining experience while in San Francisco!!!

1  Thank Kelsey S
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Sounded great from the other reviews, but I should have known that in the Richmond District, this is definitely a Chinese restaurant. Shrimp is ordered by the pound. They are huge, fresh, with shell & head on, that requires hand peeling, a very messy job.